Asian Anatomy and contours

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
American teeth have very wide buccals.
images
Don't make me go find "Canadian in a Speedo" pics.......

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
And here I was going to be the asshole and post a typical Chinese cartoon from the 50's but all of you handled this way more like professionals. High five!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
It was ...when they had it. A new copy now will set you back 2000+ now. Used copies , when available, are easily in the hundreds.

Again, I might be in error. They may have started publishing it again.

Ill take your word for it. Ill keep an eye out for the book always looking to better my skills and understanding.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Ill take your word for it. Ill keep an eye out for the book always looking to better my skills and understanding.
Good policy. That's why I get Penthouse.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
And here I was going to be the asshole and post a typical Chinese cartoon from the 50's but all of you handled this way more like professionals. High five!

You may have felt Bruce's wrath.
Conscience%20copy.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score

Its only Monday...I have a bad case of immaturity just waiting to make its ugly presence known.

Again.

Jmvisa

Jmvisa

Reaction score
I also have been doing this a long time and yes there are race unique characteristics of teeth. Some are easily identifiable, some are subtle. One of the most prominent is the appearance of a 5th cusp on the lower second molar in people of African descent. This is usually associated with a 6th cusp on the lower first molar. Although they are not on all, if they appear they are distinct characteristics of that lineage. As for characteristics of Asian descent, deep lingual concavities, prominent lingual marginal ridges, more triangular than square but the incisal third is more curved to the lingual than others. A member of this board has a great reproduction of a classic Asian descent anterior teeth (facebook
Urban-Lab)

Thank you!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dont hold back. I want to learn.

I was just checking my shelf, and I dont know if its one I loaned and didnt keep track of or if it walked off with the last employee.

A better book (In my opinion) would be "Natural Esthetics" by Dario Adolfi. Bring your check book, if you can find it.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Dont hold back. I want to learn.

I was just checking my shelf, and I dont know if its one I loaned and didnt keep track of or if it walked off with the last employee.

A better book (In my opinion) would be "Natural Esthetics" by Dario Adolfi. Bring your check book, if you can find it.
This I learned after my move to NYC. Much diversity. I started to notice a trend in OCC anatomy of posteriors from Asian patients. Not all Asian patients had the traits but some. I can't describe it without a photo of a waxup/natural tooth/doodle on paper.
The secondary anatomy doesn't come from the central fossa it's all sideways and just different.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
This I learned after my move to NYC. Much diversity. I started to notice a trend in OCC anatomy of posteriors from Asian
.......it's all sideways and just different.

I'm really struggling to hold back on the cultural assasination here.....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
morphology maybe but not for an overall denture set up which is the point of this thread.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I'm really struggling to hold back on the cultural assasination here.....
I cant tell if marcus is being serious or if this is a sideways joke.

A lot goes over my head in the humor dept.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Yes JKraver the Dr, send model of the temps and pictures of the temps in the mouth, he actually incorporated some features of the typical Asian dentition and his temps look nice in the mouth, my job is to make my final product better than his temps, copying natural dentition will help me accomplish that.

Is not ignorance my friend is that we have so much to learn; Yes they have some specific characteristics, one of them is the one I mentioned in my post, here is a picture, but I would like to have more samples and front view, I have searched the internet but the pictures I see where they are smiling are not close -up and when I try to make larger you can't see anything.

View attachment 18826
You may be on to something.
Ectodysplasin receptor EDARV370A
A single gene responsible for thick hair, small breasts and shovel shaped teeth.
http://dna-explained.com/2013/02/17/thick-hair-small-boobs-shovel-shaped-teeth-and-more/

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Im being serious.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
It was ...when they had it. A new copy now will set you back 2000+ now. Used copies , when available, are easily in the hundreds.

Again, I might be in error. They may have started publishing it again.

Actually just ordered it from their website for $78. Will let you know if/when it arrives. Dontknow