Anyone with experience in the iNterra nightguard system? Looks slick but...

N

nickate

Reaction score
how do they last?
Best source for the clear nightguard material???

They look like a breeze to make and sure are clear.....

Thanks!

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I watched the video, looks like a hard light cure nightguard, Looks like it is designed for DDS to avoid lab or maybe an in house lab. In the video they look a little yellow and they say the yellow should go away with time.

Shaped in mouth, can adhere to composite fillings requiring repair of fillings. Uses quite a bit of Densply material. & you will need to invest in their hard regisil silicone gun & cartridge. You could use your Triad cure for 20 min or use a new light cure unit for around 10 min pluss what they say is 1 min per tooth for "TAC set with light wand". then cure per tooth for occlusal adaptation.
You still need to shape with carbide then pumice & polish with wet polishing agents.
I'm in the growing population who are allergic to the VLC light cure agent so I guess someone else will make these, or repairing as they state you need to use their iNterra material to repair them.
http://www.caulk.com/pages/products/interra.html

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Interra is the same as Enterra just one is made for Dentsply Caulk the other by Dentsply Trubyte. Same exact system just different names.

Shawn Nowak
President
Nowak Dental Supplies inc.

Sent from my iPhone

N

nickate

Reaction score
is there a clear material other than the hellaexpensive in or en terra clear night guard material that can be used in the machine? Seems to me that if the material was not $50 a unit that it may be a moneymaker due to it's very quick fabrication time (no duplicate is even needed)!

N

nickate

Reaction score
Interra is the same as Enterra just one is made for Dentsply Caulk the other by Dentsply Trubyte. Same exact system just different names.

Shawn Nowak
President

Sent from my iPhone

On a side note.... Shawn- I buy my supplies from you whenever possible just because you choose to take the time to be a part of this forum.
Thank You.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Let me check into my sources tomorrow on if other materials may work.

Shawn Nowak
President

Sent from my iPhone

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to do up a night guard on myself during the last seven weeks of the Denturist program. We used Eclipse light cured clear resin....The result was absolutely terrible. Perhaps I might not have lc'd it enough but it flaked apart. Same happened with many students. So for my money I am going to get a facebow transfer on final impressions using custom trays and Hydrogum 5, an Aluwax bite registration, and make a wax up over top of a foil separator. It may take a few minutes to burnish the foil down but after it is cast in Probase Hot clear or ivocap clear it is very tough and might last a lot longer that a few weeks. I do use a facebow for everything except mouth guards. Only adds an extra five minutes.
The processed ivocap or ivobase clear is so much better than anything light cured or thermal pressed. Feasibility is justified because we can charge the Dentists lab fees plus clinical fees for almost all work we do. Simple dentures up here are around $1800.00-2200.00 and fully equilibrated dentures can get $28-3500.00. That's not to bad beans for the work even both lab and clinical.....
Someday I will get brave enough to submit a picture or two...but they don't really mean much without the patient modeling the finished denture. Plus sometimes when we look at others work here the reaction can be taken out of context a bit. Lots of little details don't come with the overall casework study.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
If its flaking, sounds like the material was expired. did your program receive the materials as donations from a company or from dentsply?? They may have given you some well aged stuff to "practice" with. I use both systems here, and the Eclipse materials have worked very well for me over the past 5-7 years we have had the systems.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We had an Enterra system for a trial period last year and chose not to buy it. I know many out there love them, but I felt the quality of product we were producing with it would of been a step backwards for us.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
is there a clear material other than the hellaexpensive in or en terra clear night guard material that can be used in the machine? Seems to me that if the material was not $50 a unit that it may be a moneymaker due to it's very quick fabrication time (no duplicate is even needed)!

I looked around not many options in this type of material expect for a powder/liquid clear acrylic. The Eclipse material will set you back about $7.25 per unit and even less if you buy the bulk pack of 60 sheets.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
If its flaking, sounds like the material was expired. did your program receive the materials as donations from a company or from dentsply?? They may have given you some well aged stuff to "practice" with. I use both systems here, and the Eclipse materials have worked very well for me over the past 5-7 years we have had the systems.
Thanks for the reply and you may very well be right.

N

nickate

Reaction score
I looked around not many options in this type of material expect for a powder/liquid clear acrylic. The Eclipse material will set you back about $7.25 per unit and even less if you buy the bulk pack of 60 sheets.

Will you please be so kind as to post up your part# for the $7.25/unit (and how many are included in the supply) as well as the bulk pack part#?
(Just to confirm I am looking for CLEAR eclipse/in-en terra material)
I will order as soon as I have the #s!!!!

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Item #905001 for original shade comes in a box of 12 & 905075 for the box of 60 also item # was for original shade. Let me know if you need the part # for the other shades (Light Pink, Light Reddish Pink, Dark Pink, Clear, or variety pack)