Anyone using Wironium?

• Thread starter Clear Precision Dental
  • Start date
Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Sorry, I appreciate the offer, but Dan and I have worked together for sometime now and we have a good feel for one another.. That means a bunch!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have such a hard time taking good photos of partial frames.

I notice in this pic of yours Albert that there appears to be a lot of dirt in the retention areas the right clasp looks like it's not touching and the finish lines looks soft and fuzzy. It's hard to tell how much of that is photo problems or workmanship. I like sharp well defined finsih lines. But getting them to photograph well has been a headache for me.

Here's a link to a series of shots of a sales 'sample' case I made for another lab. Tim's Sample

Note: all shots of the same case at the same time. Different lighting and stuff but sometimes the bar looks like it's scratch city...sometimes things look too shiny or to dull or soft. I particularly like the color changes and how the stipple looks like a casting nightmare in one shot and only vaguely looks like the stipple I see with my eyes in only another shot.

Distal rest on #20 free end ????? ;)

Just bustin ur balls nice work Tim, just blame the design on the Dr. :D

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Silly me, I put a damn rest in a rest prep...yeah, that's the ticket, there's a well defined rest prep beneath that rest. If you don't believe me just ask my wife. Morgan Fairchild...whom I've seen naked. Or, perhaps, I deserve your chastisement....Nah!

But it does come with the warning that tissue support is critical and the kennedy bar serves as a tissue support indicator, as soon as any space starts to show there then the patient should go directly to the dentist for a reline.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Hey Ken just wondering if we are using the same lab in northern cal? if not who are you using in nocal.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Ken just sitting here wondering if we are using the same lab in nor cal? if not who are you using?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Sorry, I appreciate the offer, but Dan and I have worked together for sometime now and we have a good feel for one another.. That means a bunch!
Brian, the times in he past when I got a well made Wironium frame, they were indeed the cat's meow. My issue is with all the labs that can't CONSISTENTLY produce but expect you to believe that Wironium is somehow worth the cost regardless.
I've been with my frame lab since '98 and they have always mde a quality product. I have no intention of going elsewhere, no insult to anyone else, but I don't fix what aint broke.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Nope they aren't in concord, I have a good frame lab but the price is pretty high sometimes. They charge per unit and they add up on some of them.

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Mine charges per unit as well (currently around $16+),and yes multiple clasp assemblies or lots of little saddle areas do add up. I also tend to ask for a wrought wire clasp soldered on in the places called for (typically if the terminal abutment on a I or II is a cuspid or anterior of that),and they can be pricey. I could bend and add them myself, but they do a great job and I have other stuff to do. Even in an insurance driven market like Hawaii, these frameworks have generated a lot of sales for me, my markup is robust, and my clients still want them. I can only come to the conclusion that if the rest of the market is crappy, you cannot lose by offering consistent quality, Drs will seek you out, and they will stay.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Well I don't feel so bad I'm only paying 14.75 per unit. I thought that was pretty high:rolleyes:. I charge more than double that so yes the markup is pretty good. As said before if it isn't broke don't fix it, I'm just always looking for ways to increase profit without decreasing quality, thats all. I hear Tim will make a heck of a good frame for 50 bucks does the offer still stand Tim :p

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
The frames are already made. I'll send you a box of them and you can find the one that fits. It's a little more if you want it finished out.

alh5.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75YJvtYtzI_AAAAAAAAR_4_jlvfIx63rjM_s400_P1010001.JPG

I did this reline today. One of the local guys did the original immediate frame and upper denture. Apparently somebody is afraid to trim models.

alh4.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XgCuNgVI_AAAAAAAAR_Q_cLp6_hirQl0_s400_P1010003_5.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75Xgf6aoZI_AAAAAAAAR_U_N2EO2s_6EsE_s400_P1010002_6.JPG

I know they outsource their frames. Call me if you want me to get the number :D

I'll post the upper denture on Brian's thread.
alh5.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75YJvtYtzI_AAAAAAAAR_4_jlvfIx63rjM_s400_P1010001.JPG alh4.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XgCuNgVI_AAAAAAAAR_Q_cLp6_hirQl0_s400_P1010003_5.JPG alh6.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75Xgf6aoZI_AAAAAAAAR_U_N2EO2s_6EsE_s400_P1010002_6.JPG

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
I did a remove and place teeth into occlusion this week for a frame work. Aside from the occlusion being off the finish work of the acrylic was the worst I've seen. I charged a pretty penny to fix this docs save a buck RPD. :)

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I thought you had those sold to Tom already!
That frame isn't even worth ****in with in my opinion thow it in the box.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I feel like I should clarify that the censored word in my last post wasn't the F bomb. I would never use that word under these circumstances, I only drop the F bomb when I break a clasp or step in dog crap or something of that sort. Heaven fobid I lose anyone's respect around here.;)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I'd love to have respect for you but I lost everyone's along with my mind about a week ago....

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Yeah I find the censor thing annoying. Doesn't F bomb = **** so what's the difference. But what's really silly is you can't write cumulative without getting the asterisks in some programs but you can write kum kum kum till the cows come home.