Anyone milling/anodizing Nobel Active 3.0mm?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I need a custom abutment in a Nobel active 3mm that is anodized gold. I dont think NT trading makes this size..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I have no choice.. However that route will cost me over $300 whereas I can get a custom abutment made for around $100.. looking to actually make a couple bucks profit here..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yeah I have no choice.. However that route will cost me over $300 whereas I can get a custom abutment made for around $100.. looking to actually make a couple bucks profit here..

I know but I struck out trying to get it milled. I tried a stock abutment but had 3 fracture from the thin walls.
There is no profit if you do it 3 times I found out.
At least you can beef it up if you cast.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
3mm implants should have custom abutments made. This is why it is nearly impossible to find scan bodies for narrow platforms.
You shouldn't just worry about the abutment fracturing, but also the implant chassis.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Should or should not have custom abutments made for 3mm?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Should or should not have custom abutments made for 3mm?
Sorry, should not.

Fractured implant2.png

This was posted somewhere else today. Not sure of the size, but I have also seen worse than this. Like in half don to the 3rd thread. If there is heavy angulation then you can almost expect it with a narrow bodied implant.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Well i hate to put it this way, but the Dr should understand the risks.. While I dont see the point of such a narrow body, All I do is restore it. How can a custom abutment cause this over a stock nobel? What is different?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Well i hate to put it this way, but the Dr should understand the risks.. While I dont see the point of such a narrow body, All I do is restore it. How can a custom abutment cause this over a stock nobel? What is different?
Without seeing the situation, I am guessing that the either the ridge was too narrow for a regular diameter platform or the interdental space was such that a regular diameter platform would not be able to be placed.
Narrow bodied implants don't have the strength to take forces that are not down the long axis. This is why a lot of the companies used to offer only one piece implant/abutment in 3.0 diameter.
Factory abutments for narrow platforms usually don't have a lot of options for angle correction. With custom/patient specific you can correct most any angle that an unplanning surgeon/clinician places.
Look through the Nobel catalog, can you find angle corrected factory abutments for that diameter?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've used a 15* stock abutment and reversed it for a screw retained( lingual) crown.However I had to use an opacious cement to mask the titanium.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I need a custom abutment in a Nobel active 3mm that is anodized gold. I dont think NT trading makes this size..

I believe this is what you want. Go to page 12 and please ignore the race cars. :)

Attachments

• Etkon Catalog.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Send it to nobel it will come with 2 screws since it is going to snap one of them at 15ncm

We do them all the time I hate this system because surgeons have no prosthetic understanding of what this fixture is indicated for. Max laterals and lower for incisors ONLY

If your abutment is anywhere else in the mouth you have to trick the software to allow it into production (lie, mis indicate the tooth number)

The abutment will not be 100 but should be half the price of a ucla wax and cast.