Another Cerec Connect Thread

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I have a doctor purchasing a Cerec Prime Intra Oral scanner. We are a 3 Shape lab. I have done a lot of searching on this topic, but I want to make sure I understand what I need in order to accept scans from this doctor. It looks like I need to have access to the Cerec Connect portal in order to import his scans. Is that correct? If so, how much does that cost. If I bought the inLab software, does that mean I would automatically get the Cerec Connect with it? I will be talking to the rep that sold him the scanner today hopefully. I just want to make sure I know my options before the rep tries to sell me on anything.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Yes you can get files via Cerec Connect. But to import *stl-files you need Import/ Export module.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
This is the file types I can import into my 3Shape. Does this mean I don't need the stls?

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 45
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have a doctor purchasing a Cerec Prime Intra Oral scanner. We are a 3 Shape lab. I have done a lot of searching on this topic, but I want to make sure I understand what I need in order to accept scans from this doctor. It looks like I need to have access to the Cerec Connect portal in order to import his scans. Is that correct? If so, how much does that cost. If I bought the inLab software, does that mean I would automatically get the Cerec Connect with it? I will be talking to the rep that sold him the scanner today hopefully. I just want to make sure I know my options before the rep tries to sell me on anything.
Need export module, about $3200 a year.

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
This is the file types I can import into my 3Shape. Does this mean I don't need the stls?
[/QUOTE]

Try it and you know it

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
But..but..but,,I thought they said Prime Scan is gonna be open...….Dontknow

<<3Shape is relatively open. I can bring in STL files from any scanner. Cerec is opening up big-time too. Their latest IOS (Primescan) and software is completely open. Digital impressions, models, and even restorations can be sent to ANY lab, no charge.>>

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i had a prime scan sent to me by a client i have the cerec connect portal but it wouldnt open the prime scan.i rang sirona spoke to their tech support 3 weeks ago still nothing i think we went thru drop box and did it that way.its never straight forward with sirona

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
So the answer I got from this thread is "who knows?" lol

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Yep, They are a pain in the azz to deal with even if you're within their "eco system" ...they "claim" to be open, then they paint you in a corner.... and they always come "late to the dance" lol! ( They just came out with Multi-layer ZI. um, ok....)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
After seeing a ton of scans lately...I'm almost to the point I don't want any .stl's sent to me. .stl's are no color, really hinders the margin marking for us in the lab. Now I know some scanners out there have built-in Doctor margin marking in them before they send to the lab. That would be alright in that regard to .stl's. Also, the Medit i-500 scans in three formats (.stl, .obj, .ply). You 3Shape folks can't accept .obj or .ply., those files are in color. Exocad has been accepting those type of files (.obj/.ply) since 2013 ( so I suspect 3Shape will have an update soon). Also, I thought the cerec connect was 4k, or around that. However, it's Sirona, they change faster than I do my drawers after family chili night.