Alumina

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
Hi there! Are there any alumina wieland type blanks available out in the market?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I used to get them from Wieland. Have you tried them?

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
No, but I think I'll be able to do it in the few next weeks. So, there is no-one else manufacturing this material in blanks?
What's the difference between milling zirconia and milling alumina? Do I have to be careful in sth particular?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I don't remember if I changed anything for Alumina or not. I'd probably start with a Zr strategy. If that wasn't acceptable lower the feed by 3-500, try again. If still not, raise the feed 3-500 (over original Zr strategy,) and go again. I would think roughing would benefit most by this.

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
So, nothing special during milling alumina. What about the burs? I've heard that presintered alumina is not so friendly to the burs. Or this is not true? What's the sintering cycle? Coloring? (Sorry about for the multiple questions...I've only worked alumina in the past using Vita's in-ceram sprint system and I'm new in milling processes,too...)

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Sorry, can't help with any of those questions. I never milled enough to do any comparative wear studies on the burrs using Zr vs. Alumina for example. I would expect them to be comparable.

Your other questions are ones for the manufacturer of the material you acquire.

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the help so far.
By the way, everything's ok with your 3shape filling up the recycle bin problems?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
We've effectively treated the symptom and at least prevented it from becoming another cause but DentalManager is still creating thousands of temp files and immediately discarding them in the background. That doesn't seem to me be OK, especially when other installations don't have the problem at all.

Top Bottom