Alternative software for Amann Girbach Ceramil Motion 2

M

Monicas

Reaction score
Hi ,everyone, i have a problem and i hope someone can help me.

Im using the Ceramil Motion 2 machine, and Amann doesnt alow me to calibrate it by myself.

Does anyone know a software that would alow me to use and calibrate my CAD machine ?

Ty

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
have you tried to contact AG and see if they can give you and administrator password that would allow you to manually calibrate your machine. Dont know if they even do that, but my GM is on good terms with tme and have been working with them for years and somehow got them to give him a password so he can do it himself. other than that I know their protocol is to have you call them and they remote in and calibrate. hope this helps

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
how often do you calibrate..? I have 2 motion 2 DNA mills and after an issue with both machines (strangely enough the same failure on both after 3 months!) they recalibrated via team viewer, the results after calibration are very sweet. I was thinkin to make calibration a routine every few months to keep fit accuracy. When I asked the service tech that was assisting me how often calibration was needed - I was told that is was only necessary after a major failure or if the machines are moved. I would feel better if I could also calibrate when I wanted myself if necessary. I'd be keen to know if it is possible

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
I'm curious. What issue are you having that you need to calibrate? We only use this mill for e.max. I had #1 tool stuck in the chuck and had to pull it out with pliers. Then support had me mill 2 calibration blocks. Luckily their was no calibration needed because it was within tolerances.

deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
it is not recommended to calibrate if you did not have a major failure or move the location of your machine. we never had to calibrate unless machine was moved or had something happen to our spindle or if one of our axis got screwed up but the AG mills are pretty solid and dont need "weekly" calibrations

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
I'm curious. What issue are you having that you need to calibrate? We only use this mill for e.max. I had #1 tool stuck in the chuck and had to pull it out with pliers. Then support had me mill 2 calibration blocks. Luckily their was no calibration needed because it was within tolerances.
Both machines had tool sensor failures about a day apart... hence the need to re calibrate both machines