All on 4, Bars, etc....

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Update: I talked with a sales rep from 3i that the oral surgeon works with. From what I understand, all my lab would have to do is pour up the model, verify that the model is an exact representation of the implants in the mouth, and then send the model to 3i where they will fabricate the bar. I was hoping we would be fabricating the bar. Is this standard procedure for these types of cases?

This is the standard for 3i's protocol, and their bar service. I use their bars almost exclusively. The BIG step for you here is to create the verification jig. DONT USE pmma abutments for your verification jig. They are not radiopaque. You need to accurately verify your jig intraorally, and it is best done with a series of PA X-rays. the plastic abutments will not show up. Your best option is Non-Engaging Ti temp cylinders. They radiograph perfectly, and they have a machined base.

At the try in, you want a passive fitting verification jig, and to show that, you will place your jig in the mouth and retain it with ONE screw only. Why? because your jig is mostly pattern resin or composite, or some material that will flex. If you screw all the cylinders down, you can flex all the cylinders into place. Your bar will never fit the same way. If you insert with one screw (just pick one implant, doesn't really matter which) and you see an abutment not seated, section your joints, screw down each cylinder and then re-join your jig.

As far as 3i making the bar, you can design it, and they will replicate it... just mark up the bar price when it gets to you. I charge my clients $350/implant for the bars. No complaints.

Ryan

ps. This is what works for me... Your mileage may vary, just offering my opinion here.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Ryan,

Thanks alot for your response. This is exactly the type of info I am looking for. I should be meeting with the Biomet rep next week.