Adding onto an implant

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have an implant here thats been in the mouth for 2 months. The dr has told me that the mesial contact has become loose and request that I add onto the contact.
I have read in other posts that if an implants has been in the mouth for a period of time that I will need to dry out the implant overnight at a certain temp to rid the porcelain of saliva etc before I add on. I have searched for the posts but I can't find it.

Is 2 months intra orally okay to add on directly or will I have to dry out before the add on. If I need dry out, what temp will I need to hold it at and for how long?

Thanks for your help.

keithw@vodamail.co.za

[email protected]

Reaction score
Never heard of that problem before, if the ceramic was glazed etc then crown not porous enough to absorb saliva etc, I would steam clean then add on the contact with the appropriate ceramic, keep it simple.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Even properly glazed porcelain will absorb moisture in the mouth. I usually dry anything that has been in the mouth over 1 week. I usually put them in a burnout furnace overnight at 200F.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Blast the surface and then clean in ultrasonic in a beaker with a product called porc. wash. Then leave to dry overnight, I put mine on a firing tray under muffle overnight some use burnout oven etc. If you don't need to add much you may be able to get by with a layer of thick glaze on the contact.