Indexing for welding implant crowns together

B

brooksby1

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Orion Dental welder. It is a pulse arc welder. How do you transfer the position of the implant supported crowns from the mouth to the lab? Once in the lab what do you do to prepare for the actual welding process? In the past I have always used GC pattern resin to lock the pieces together but that then needs to be invested and burnt out before being soldered. If I am going to be doing laser welding it seems like I should not have anything in between the crowns that would have to be burned out in order to be welded. Also if you have a large broad contact area how do you get the laser weld to penetrate all the way through? I would not mind if somebody who knows the answer would not only post it here but also call me at 702-274-6700.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I never had any luck using the pulse arc welders to do what you want, we ended up buying a laser welder which allows us to do what you want and whole bunch more.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I have had a pulse welder for decades when everyone else were buying laser welders. Through trial and error this is my technique. I will use the welder to spot weld the 2 sections together in 1 or 2 places. Then without investing I use the torch to solder them together. A laser weld will not penetrate a large connector either. I have seen laser welds on large connectors that have broken and they only penetrate so deep. YMMV

Top Bottom