a bar. Nothing more, nothing less.....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I am not scoffing, but what is the actual difficulty of that job?
What makes you the one and only - "who can", maybe I do not understand some that small features?
Just interesting.
btw. Care for yourself, dude.
btw2. you can PM me with the answer if you want.

I built a One of a kind Industrial mill from scratch. I calibrated it, and wrote the milling strategy.

I picked out the tools. I had to modify everyting from start to finish. Many custom parts and software.

I doubt any of you, expect for maybe the Dentaleng could understand how hard this was.

Do you know ANY Dental Tech that has done this? I thought not. I did have a tiny amount of help from Haas, but not much. Most help came from CIMSystem (Luigi, Gianmarco, and Stephano) We had no example of a Haas milling project and had to make the post-processor from scratch and it was suck'n for a while. One by One, we worked through all problems and got it done.

I was delivered a mill with no brains. I had to make major changes to the Haas' CNC controller for Dental use. Nobody held my hand for that and many other tasks. It was a BIG Challange. Almost gave up a few times.

m-K?

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I made a sh1t abutment for Dan.

It was our first abutment. Hex was .001mm too big, and screw channel was too small.

We learned that long skinny tools are deflecting and bending when finishing the internal of screw channels, and other shapes when using a certian style of milling strategy that I made.

I had to research milling Titanium and find an answer.

Titanium likes to be milled fast with big chips and LOTS of coolant.

Otherwise, Titanium chips WILL burst into flames! (research it yourself)

No crap@! Happens very very fast if you loose coolant for a brief second! (Ask me how I know)

I have no idea how Daytron mills Ti without the full-coolant stream? If I touch Ti for a second without massive coolant, then the tool glows bright Orange and Sparks start to fly.

So, Trying to cut just a sliver of material in finishing (after pre-finishing) may result in poor accuracy if you are not doing it right.

We milled Dan's abutment 6 more times to get the screw channel perfect.

It was troubling for me. We ended up Prefinishing with 1.5 Torus, then switching to a new tool, also a 1.5mm torus.

We had to lie to the CAM software about the radius of the tool to get the results we wanted.

Much more to the story, but that was just an example of some of the hurdles we have had to overcome.

Dan, I think we are Zeroed in now. Thanks for your patience!

Scott

Last edited:
R

reqvaa

Reaction score
I built a One of a kind Industrial mill from scratch. I calibrated it, and wrote the milling strategy.

I picked out the tools. I had to modify everyting from start to finish. Many custom parts and software.

I doubt any of you, expect for maybe the Dentaleng could understand how hard this was.

Do you know ANY Dental Tech that has done this? I thought not.

m-K?

That's big, really, especially the hand-made machine.

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
No problem Scott. I knew you'll find the way. You're a smart cookie. Thanks.
Dan

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, you can see some milling lines but the surface is going to be covered in Pink opaque, then fantastic-plastic.

$499 for this piece. Used $13 bucks worth of Medical-grade Titanium from Supra Alloys and a few bucks worth of Emuge tools.

Bada-BING.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0132_zps8acf19ce.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0131_zps303de441.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0132_zps8acf19ce.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0131_zps303de441.jpg

Top Bottom