4 Axis mill

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
... If not doing complex implant work can I assume that a four axis mill such as a Ivoclar Mini is just fine for everyday zirconia and wax milling ? Lets say up to five -6 units ? I'm not milling emax and I'm not currently doing enough abutment to warrant a wet mill. Thanks

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Buying a 4 ax mill is wasted money today you save money with nesting because you could angle more use a 12 mm blank instead of 14 , for placing parts right in multi layers 5 axis are must in my eyes and so on , dont limit your self.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
o.k. Thank you. This will be my first mill. Surely I dont want to limit myself down the road. Also looking for ease of operation.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
... If not doing complex implant work can I assume that a four axis mill such as a Ivoclar Mini is just fine for everyday zirconia and wax milling ? Lets say up to five -6 units ? I'm not milling emax and I'm not currently doing enough abutment to warrant a wet mill. Thanks

Having the mini, I now wish I had a 5 axis. I bought it when I really was just milling wax and doing PMMA temps.
The mini is a work horse, but I really wish I had a 5 axis to mill gradient zirconia in the puck at the angle I want,
and not limited to ~10 degrees. Many times I want to adjust the mesial/distal or buccal/ling in the puck to exactly where I want it,
but can't due to 4 axis limitations. Up and down isn't the issue, it's the tilt angle you'll wish you had more control of.

I'm also getting into more FCZ bridges, and again, a 5 axis mill would really be helpful in positioning and cutting.

I believe the Select mills are more temperamental about being clean, you really have to keep on top of it, from what
I've heard. JW or others may correct me if I'm wrong.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Having the mini, I now wish I had a 5 axis. I bought it when I really was just milling wax and doing PMMA temps.
The mini is a work horse, but I really wish I had a 5 axis to mill gradient zirconia in the puck at the angle I want,
and not limited to ~10 degrees. Many times I want to adjust the mesial/distal or buccal/ling in the puck to exactly where I want it,
but can't due to 4 axis limitations. Up and down isn't the issue, it's the tilt angle you'll wish you had more control of.

I'm also getting into more FCZ bridges, and again, a 5 axis mill would really be helpful in positioning and cutting.

I believe the Select mills are more temperamental about being clean, you really have to keep on top of it, from what
I've heard. JW or others may correct me if I'm wrong.
We are now selling the VHF K5 which is the big brother to your mini (VHF K4 model). It's a nice 5 axis dry mill with 35 degrees of rotation for more complex jobs. We are running a promo which puts it right about $25-$26k all in.....Let me know if you want any more info.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We are now selling the VHF K5 which is the big brother to your mini (VHF K4 model). It's a nice 5 axis dry mill with 35 degrees of rotation for more complex jobs. We are running a promo which puts it right about $25-$26k all in.....Let me know if you want any more info.

Thanks KIM, I'll keep that in mind. But it sounds like something sandman should at least check into.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I did everything on 2 4axis mills, then we traded on in for a 5axis and now I only cut all implants on the 5axis. But during the 4axis times, i got most of my stuff our pretty good. heavy angled stuff i had to manually clean up. but on the frame side as long as the draw is all parallel then the 4axis is good to go. But straight abutments are fine on the 4axis. But the new vhf K5 is 25K, The new 4k vhf is under 20k both have the mechanical touch off. Here is the new VHF 4k with mechanical touch off is freaking slick, now run any diamond tool no crashing at all.

Attachments

• 20170315_093635.jpg
    20170315_093635.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170315_093734.jpg
    20170315_093734.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20170315_093744.jpg
    20170315_093744.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 40
deadhead

deadhead

Reaction score
I would look into a 5axis machine. not much more in price. Can really squeeze units in puck to utilize most space. I average 27 units on a standard 98mm round puck nested.jpg

Top Bottom