A

alphadental

Reaction score
OK, we are going 3shape way.
Is $35600 for D900L sounds fair? including trios and bar/abutment module

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What do you mean by " including Trios" ?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Why the 900L? not that I have experience, but i'm told the 900 is a better scanner

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
been playing with that recently... unless you have a Dr with a trios system, you prob won't use it much

A

alphadental

Reaction score
Why the 900L? not that I have experience, but i'm told the 900 is a better scanner
I was told they are the same .The only difference is a chamber size. D900L have bigger chamber . D900 cost $ 1200 less than D900L .
Can you share where you got yours info?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Straight from tech support at Argen... it wasn't a long drawn out conversation, so do some research. i'm sure there are techs on here accustomed to both the 900 and 900L.
it hasn't been that much of a PITA for use to change our model work a little for it to fit the scan chamber.
also, wherever you buy the scanner, make sure the tech support is top notch!
you may not get the best price... but factor that into the formula of "you get what you pay for"

Argen has been awesome to us... I've heard Whipmix tech is also good, there are others, so like I said... make sure its a good fit

A

alphadental

Reaction score
Straight from tech support at Argen... it wasn't a long drawn out conversation, so do some research. i'm sure there are techs on here accustomed to both the 900 and 900L.
it hasn't been that much of a PITA for use to change our model work a little for it to fit the scan chamber.
also, wherever you buy the scanner, make sure the tech support is top notch!
you may not get the best price... but factor that into the formula of "you get what you pay for"

Argen has been awesome to us... I've heard Whipmix tech is also good, there are others, so like I said... make sure its a good fit
Thank's Andrew, I will tack with Argen on Monday

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
been playing with that recently... unless you have a Dr with a trios system, you prob won't use it much

I have the Trios and have 2 drs with it as well. Model builder is freaking awesome.

Argen prints an excellent model especially for implants.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I agree... it is awesome. we've made the model to get "TRIOS ready", and i'm in no way implying that the technology and integration is sub-standard, I believe it's raised the bar.
But, if you don't have the clientele to send in scans, then it really is useless to you as a lab. that was my point.

rkm, do you get business from 3Shape's site as a TRIOS ready lab? or do you have Dr's that jumped on board when you made TRIOS available locally?

Have a model going to Argen this next week, to become "TRIOS ready" will be anxious to get it back

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My goal is to get my clients on board with their own Trios as well as offering the service to any new clientelle that are interested.
I have done over 50 scans with excellent results so I'm confident my track record will bear fruit.
With the new ortho and denture modules coming on board , there are endless possibilities to attract new clients.

I think it is still too early to see Drs send to Trios ready labs . I think the drive should come from the lab side of things.

I would like to see 3 Shape reward Trios ready labs with some promotional support to the drs.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
My goal is to get my clients on board with their own Trios as well as offering the service to any new clientelle that are interested.
I have done over 50 scans with excellent results so I'm confident my track record will bear fruit.
With the new ortho and denture modules coming on board , there are endless possibilities to attract new clients.

I think it is still too early to see Drs send to Trios ready labs . I think the drive should come from the lab side of things.

I would like to see 3 Shape reward Trios ready labs with some promotional support to the drs.

We have paid a substantial amount of money to get set up for Trios ready. It would be nice if we could reap the rewards of that endeavor.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Money in what way? it's all expensive... are you training DOCs?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Money for the model builder software.

Yes I train the drs to use the Trios.

A

alphadental

Reaction score
so guys do you anybody have experience with D900L or D900. Any thoughts ?

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
I have the D900. Way faster than the 500. Wish it was a little bigger. Go for the D900L

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I have the D900. Way faster than the 500. Wish it was a little bigger. Go for the D900L
my gf wishes it was bigger too... but is the 900L as accurate a scanner?
that's the question

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
what are you going to be using it for specifically?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Alpha,
where will you be sending your implant business? that's prob a question you should ask yourself as well