3shape with nVidia Quadro cards

C

CadCamTech

Reaction score
Anybody running a 3shape workstation with a Quadro based graphics card? Does the software benefit from a CAD-optimized gpu say for larger implant bridges with gingiva designs?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Paging......….......

CoolHandLuke04_03_07.jpg

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
I've seen nothing but issues with the 3shape software and Quadro graphic cards, for example delays when clicking through design, items being displayed completely black and more. 3shape recommends GeForce, I would stick to that. I've seen some system work without issues as well, but I wouldn't risk it.

Regards,
Dominic

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i was using quadro cards and found great success.

We switched from firepro to quadro

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you think i've got anything to say on this, i'm afraid you may be looking in the wrong direction. none of my stations use one.

D

dentcre

Reaction score
i have one of those cards and its problematic , it has a lot of "delay" .

D

D-CCTO

Reaction score
3Shape recommends GeForce. Good ones would be the Nvidia Geforce GT 750M or GT 755M video cards.
But if you want to stay with the Quadro line the best ones would be the K2100M or the K3000M.
Stay clear from choosing the Quadro K1000M as it is a mid-range card and it only features 192 shader cores..The K2100M has 384.
The memory type of the K1000M card is GDDR3 where as for the K2100M it is GDDR5, which means faster response from the graphics card.