3shape version 15.4

Taylor

Taylor

Reaction score
So we updated to 15.4 yesterday.. Come to find out most of the big milling centers are not accepting 15.4 files at all, one because they are too buggy and two because they have to be FDA approved.. this sucks. I can no longer send my abutment designs to Glidewell or Biohorizons. Currently the only ones i know of accepting abutment designs are a Dentsupply in which is way too expensive for all the abutments we do. And Nobel which we are not that fond of... Does anyone have suggestions on what to do other than reverting back to 2014? and similar milling centers to glidewell (variety,and price) keep in mind they have to be ACCEPTING 15.4 FILES AND HAVE TO BE FDA APPROVED

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Sorry for your problems. Best to ask about updates before doing anything. DLN members will always help you. Too much to risk. Make your own DME backup. Have multiple computers to test new software before putting it into production.

A tough lesson to learn.

Good luck.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Just set up the cases you need to outsource with 2014

Problem solved,

Nobel is compliant with 2015 as are the other REAL milling centers. Anyone that is doing things by law is compliant. Anyone that has reversed engineered their interface library is the ones with problems.

FDA compliance is becoming real, not just a suggested way of doing business.

Guess Scott was wrong again :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So we updated to 15.4 yesterday.. Come to find out most of the big milling centers are not accepting 15.4 files at all, one because they are too buggy and two because they have to be FDA approved.. this sucks. I can no longer send my abutment designs to Glidewell or Biohorizons. Currently the only ones i know of accepting abutment designs are a Dentsupply in which is way too expensive for all the abutments we do. And Nobel which we are not that fond of... Does anyone have suggestions on what to do other than reverting back to 2014? and similar milling centers to glidewell (variety,and price) keep in mind they have to be ACCEPTING 15.4 FILES AND HAVE TO BE FDA APPROVED

LOL

So GLidewell dimple library will work on 2015, NobelBiocare will work, Straumann will work, Argen will work, and Biohirizon will work on 2015, I think I even got the MIS library to work on 2015.

I have sent to both Nobel and Straumann from my 2015 server. Biohirizon has a 2015 dme file. give them a call.

I reverted back to 2014 it was a pain but I did, how many cases did you do on 2015? I can't explain to you how to revert but it is possible and it will kill your work day. I just installed the 2015.4 on my home pc but haven't played with it yet, I am running 2015.3.1 at the lab as full production on my D2000, I like it. I have my D700 setup on 2014 for hybrid abutments off the glidewell library cause I don't feel like spending another 700 for the new dimple scan bodies. Which don't scan for a damn on the D2000 with out spraying them, cause the red markers don't scan well, same as red permanent marker marked on a die.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just set up the cases you need to outsource with 2014

Problem solved,

Nobel is compliant with 2015 as are the other REAL milling centers. Anyone that is doing things by law is compliant. Anyone that has reversed engineered their interface library is the ones with problems.

FDA compliance is becoming real, not just a suggested way of doing business.

Guess Scott was wrong again :)

John even if you select 2014 as the design base on 2015 it still won't pass the FDA issue. You need to do it on a 2014 server with 2.9.9.5. I couldn't tell if this is what you meant to say to Taylor.

Taylor

Taylor

Reaction score
yeah, the only option i have left i believe is to separate my pc from server computer and make my station a stand alone with my own dongle. sevan is right it will not work if you use the 2014 design base and try to send it. All it does is let you use that software instead of 15.4 what a pain in the ass.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What you can do if you have a spare PC is setup 2014 2.9.9.5 on it as a stand alone and swap the scan cable over and scan the case as needed. Just point to 2014 to the 2015 server dongle but keep the data base for 2014 on that PC. This is what I do, but i have two scanners.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Vulcan Custom Dental has an FDA approved library out there now for 2015.

It's in the download center. I believe the download center right now is down, so

if you need to install the library, do a reinstall of the software and select it from

the libraries to download. Vulcan can mill out your Ti abutments for the BioHorizons

and Zimmer interfaces with a 2 day turn around. If you need the library, I can supply you

with that as well to install it on your system, no problem. I just got it from 3Shape yesterday

so I can distribute it as needed. The library allows you to mill your own Zr in house too

if needed. There is a 2014 Library available in the downloads portion of the resources tab

if you need 2014 as well.

Note: The 2015 FDA approved library is labeled Vulcan 2014.

www.vulcandental.com

Kent

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Just let me know if you need some help. It is only for 3Shape systems though...

not integrated into Dental Wings or Exocad yet, but we're working on that for

future releases.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Vulcan Custom Dental has an FDA approved library out there now for 2015.

It's in the download center. I believe the download center right now is down, so

if you need to install the library, do a reinstall of the software and select it from

the libraries to download. Vulcan can mill out your Ti abutments for the BioHorizons

and Zimmer interfaces with a 2 day turn around. If you need the library, I can supply you

with that as well to install it on your system, no problem. I just got it from 3Shape yesterday

so I can distribute it as needed. The library allows you to mill your own Zr in house too

if needed. There is a 2014 Library available in the downloads portion of the resources tab

if you need 2014 as well.

Note: The 2015 FDA approved library is labeled Vulcan 2014.

www.vulcandental.com

Kent

Thanks for getting me setup Kent.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Why the optimistic @rkm rdt? He's set up now for 2015 Vulcan Library in 3Shape.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Just felt like giving you a rainbow.
I just got 3 and wanted to share.:D

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Vulcan library is what?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Vulcan is BioHorizon's Milling Center...sister company.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Kent's lab.;)

We're not a lab....we're a milling center. We do not sell any

finished products. It still needs to be finished by the lab. We're

slowly moving forward...just launched in April. Been thinking about

advertising on here.

Top Bottom