3shape TRIOS and ankylos titanium base.

M

Martin Bubez

Reaction score
Morning guys,

A long and on going issue for us...
We use ankylos titanium bases for 90% of our cases at an on-site lab/surgery.
We have been using TRIOS for scanning patients and using a in-lab model scan flag made by degudent intra-orally to make full contour zirconia and PMMA temp crowns model free, to great success I might add. We've been using the degudent scan flag as the only other option is an ELOS scan flag. The ELOS flag is notoriously tricky to fit when our surgeons place deep implants due to its short and sharp bearing edge, patients complain of sharp pinching when it's used and it's difficult to make sure it's engaged. We have used this to some success. We created our own "hybridised/bastardised" ELOS flag in lab and have had difficulty with referencing our flag with the original DME file.
With ELOS it is obviously possible to print a model from scans, however, we mill in-house me ELOS offer only Atlantis custom abutment solutions.
Does anyone have a way around this? Or maybe a way of using our model scan flag to create a model DME file?

I hope this all makes sense, I just had to spew the information as it came out of my head and give the back story.

Thanks!

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
DESS has a few options for you versus ELOS. You can use ether our titanium desktop scan body or we have a new scan body made out of PEEK (you can also print or mill them out yourself- just email us at [email protected]) that you can slide onto the Ankylos ti base and scan that (either intraoral or desktop) and design the following restorations- engaging and non engaging ti base, custom titanium or chrome cobalt abutmets using DESS premill blanks. Also the screw we offer comes out of the Ankylos compatible abutments we offer. Plus we have dim analogs and our price point should be a fraction of what ELOS and Ankylos/Atlantis charges plus FDA approval, CE Approval, and ISO 13485 (unsure what part of the world you are in). Here is a catalog to help you get started. If you are in Europe or Asia please visit us at www.dess-abutments.com

Attachments

• Ankylos Compatible Components - DESS USA 2019-2.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
M

Martin Bubez

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your help on this.
This could potentially be a great solution for us. I have emailed you.
Can you tell me if I can use the scan body to print implant models too for ankylos? Do you have any printed model analogs and dme file for this?