3Shape software freezes during design process

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Seven, why do you think all the kinks will be worked out? 2015 was by and large a bust and should be used in the future as the cad example of he Exxon Valdez. If 2016 doesn't hit the floor running even the most adamant 3 shape user should be questioning there choice. I must admit than I am a fan of Exocad but I also have multiple 3 shape dongles that are paid up. Let's raise are glasses and toast 2016! May you let us forget 2015 altogether. Hoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I just installed it on the new PC, install was very smooth and fast, but it didn't install the scansuite for some reason. Still setting up all my DME's hopefully by tomorrow i will have run a few design through it. Yes lets hope for a better 2016 version.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Well, I just installed it on the new PC, install was very smooth and fast, but it didn't install the scansuite for some reason. Still setting up all my DME's hopefully by tomorrow i will have run a few design through it. Yes lets hope for a better 2016 version.

Since the last released standalone version of ScanSuite is still 1.0.9.4, I wonder if they don't have a matching suite ready for 2016 yet.

N

NickB

Reaction score
Welcome to 3shape buddy, 2016 will be released very soon and should have all the kinks out of it, but your issue is not happening when we do it on our. Try a re install over the current version, then create you own materials from a simple copy of the 3shape ones, this will give your material a different ID and never will be overwritten when you update.

We simply went back to the 2014 version of the software and that fixed the problem. Zahn finally did some research and told me this is a known bug in 2015. So hopefully 2016 will be bug free (hardly ever is)
and we can then upgrade to that. Thanks, guys.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I had a case the other day freeze like 5 time. I ended up finding ding out it only freeze when I try to widen the abutment from the occlusal view. So I deleted the design tree, redesigned only making changes from the the side view only and no freezing.

When you look down from the occlusal view the big four points have two options rotate and direction pull/push. It is when you don't click on the point to change the option and try to move it out when it is on the ration option. It gets confused and freezes. So far no freezing in 2016 only did 6 implants so far though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
stupidest reason to crash ever.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I had a case the other day freeze like 5 time. I ended up finding ding out it only freeze when I try to widen the abutment from the occlusal view. So I deleted the design tree, redesigned only making changes from the the side view only and no freezing.

When you look down from the occlusal view the big four points have two options rotate and direction pull/push. It is when you don't click on the point to change the option and try to move it out when it is on the ration option. It gets confused and freezes. So far no freezing in 2016 only did 6 implants so far though.

Very helpful. This happened to me the first time on Tuesday while designing a implant case, during the steps you are talking about. In my case, looking down and trying to move the margin out with one of the green dots. I don't do a lot of implants, it goes through phases of doing 2-3 in a week, and then 2-3 weeks of none, so that one kinda took me by surprise. I'll keep this in my for the next time, and see what I was doing before that caused it, and your helpful observations that could help (still on 2.9.9.5).

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

I have the same problem and from time to time I forget that it freezes from that view and Dohhh!

Task manager, shut it down, reset the order form, and start all over. :rolleyes:

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Very helpful. This happened to me the first time on Tuesday while designing a implant case, during the steps you are talking about. In my case, looking down and trying to move the margin out with one of the green dots. I don't do a lot of implants, it goes through phases of doing 2-3 in a week, and then 2-3 weeks of none, so that one kinda took me by surprise. I'll keep this in my for the next time, and see what I was doing before that caused it, and your helpful observations that could help (still on 2.9.9.5).
You can do it from the top, you just need to click on the green dot to make sure that you change the function of that dot. You will have a arrow pointing outward for moving the margins or a arrow going side to side for rotating. Make sure it you have the right one selected before moving.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can do it from the top, you just need to click on the green dot to make sure that you change the function of that dot. You will have a arrow pointing outward for moving the margins or a arrow going side to side for rotating. Make sure it you have the right one selected before moving.

That's what I'll need to watch out for next time. I don't do them enough to get it figured out like you did, so this is very helpful. Thanks, Sevan, I appreciate it :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i guess i could just set implant cases to design using 2014... maybe its time to upgrade...

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
That's what I'll need to watch out for next time. I don't do them enough to get it figured out like you did, so this is very helpful. Thanks, Sevan, I appreciate it :)

Yeah...I don't design that many either...I'll watch for it next time. ;)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i guess i could just set implant cases to design using 2014... maybe its time to upgrade...

I don't think if it is scanned with the newest software then selected 2014 design module the bugs just go away. Best to keep 2014 around still.

I currently have 2015.5.0 in production. then 2016.1.0 as my design station and 2014 as well for those pesky non FDA abutment libraries............... I'm all over the board.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Couple thousand.............

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ha...not that many, but more than a couple.

maxresdefault.jpg