3Shape software freezes during design process

N

NickB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This past week our new (3 week old) scanner and software package began to freeze on us on occasion during the design process. The guy who installed everything told me "well, just dont use that option in the design process". Well, if I wish to use a certain feature of the software to design my crowns, I should be able to, and shouldn't have to worry about the software freezing if I use it.

The software would allow me to design the crown, but once I used the "cut precise to antagonist" option, it would simply freeze......every time. Now it's giving someone else even more trouble today.

Supposed to get back on the phone with that idiot this afternoon, but he sure seems hell bent on me not using the precise cut option. I feel if we payed good money for the scanner and software, I should be able to use whatever option I wish, even if he feels its unnecessary.

Anyone else have this problem before? I'll keep you guys posted on how/if its resolved, but any info would be appreciated.

Nick

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
some context would help.

sometimes 3shape is very picky about what you are allowed to do with your materials.

is this a unique named material that you have created or are you using this feature on one of the default materials like Zirkon?

N

NickB

Reaction score
some context would help.

sometimes 3shape is very picky about what you are allowed to do with your materials.

is this a unique named material that you have created or are you using this feature on one of the default materials like Zirkon?

Default Zirkon material. We do a lot of full contour out of that material.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
create a new material. zirkon doesnt like it when people play around with its settings.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I too like to use the "precise cut option" But often if you use it after using the other cut to antagonist option. It will error on you.
I just learned to live with it. And if I want to create wear facets and the precise cut tool doesn't work that time around, I do it differently.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Use the bugs to your advantage...... If nothing else, it'll make you feel a bit better about your purchase. Hahaha

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Use the bugs to your advantage...... If nothing else, it'll make you feel a bit better about your purchase. Hahaha

I definitely feel better about my purchase...lol...Laugh

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
And this is why you buy from a reputable Dealer for the install and support to follow. Who was the guy who installed it? A friend, tech from the re seller etc? What exactly is freezing and where?

Learn another design technique like using the distance map and morph tool this is how I do it I never ever you those BS buttons other then cut to adjacent teeth and min thick enforcement that's all.

N

NickB

Reaction score
And this is why you buy from a reputable Dealer for the install and support to follow. Who was the guy who installed it? A friend, tech from the re seller etc? What exactly is freezing and where?

Learn another design technique like using the distance map and morph tool this is how I do it I never ever you those BS buttons other then cut to adjacent teeth and min thick enforcement that's all.

We purchased through Zahn, and the guy who installed it seemed to care more about "showing us how easy it is" to design a crown rather than show us what everything does. Which is fine....yet we have a certain way of designing our crowns.

But, if we payed all this money for the system, we should be able to successfully use each feature the software gives us. The precise cut option, which I use, works fine on our older system (we have 2 systems and scanners running simultaneously) and we have no issues at all with the older system. Yet the newer system (with updated software) is slow as hell with much lag, and when you use the "enforce minimum thickness" or "precise cut" option, the system freezes and you have to bring up the task manager to stop the program from running.

The guy seems to not understand that the older system works fine, yet the newer system, which he installed, runs badly. He will log into our system via team viewer and he'll see the problems for himself, yet he'll just respond with "well lets just not use that option anymore." WTF? If we payed good money for the system the damn thing should work without us having to take a short cut.

Just venting.....thinking about it gets me angry as a snake on crack......not that I've ever seen a snake on crack.....but one can imagine

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
IQbIOQG.gif

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We purchased through Zahn, and the guy who installed it seemed to care more about "showing us how easy it is" to design a crown rather than show us what everything does. Which is fine....yet we have a certain way of designing our crowns.

But, if we payed all this money for the system, we should be able to successfully use each feature the software gives us. The precise cut option, which I use, works fine on our older system (we have 2 systems and scanners running simultaneously) and we have no issues at all with the older system. Yet the newer system (with updated software) is slow as hell with much lag, and when you use the "enforce minimum thickness" or "precise cut" option, the system freezes and you have to bring up the task manager to stop the program from running.

The guy seems to not understand that the older system works fine, yet the newer system, which he installed, runs badly. He will log into our system via team viewer and he'll see the problems for himself, yet he'll just respond with "well lets just not use that option anymore." WTF? If we payed good money for the system the damn thing should work without us having to take a short cut.

Just venting.....thinking about it gets me angry as a snake on crack......not that I've ever seen a snake on crack.....but one can imagine

Sounds like the puter can't handle the load ( settle down Riley! )

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

Zahn's 3Shape reseller should be CMC. Contact them and see what's going on. Is it a computer from 3Shape or

a computer that you had already and just installed 3Shape on it?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Welcome to 3shape buddy, 2016 will be released very soon and should have all the kinks out of it, but your issue is not happening when we do it on our. Try a re install over the current version, then create you own materials from a simple copy of the 3shape ones, this will give your material a different ID and never will be overwritten when you update.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Welcome to 3shape buddy, 2016 will be released very soon and should have all the kinks out of it, but your issue is not happening when we do it on our. Try a re install over the current version, then create you own materials from a simple copy of the 3shape ones, this will give your material a different ID and never will be overwritten when you update.
With each update, the bugs you learned to work through before are fixed, and then you get new bugs to learn how to work through. I'm not a fan of updates.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
With each update, the bugs you learned to work through before are fixed, and then you get new bugs to learn how to work through. I'm not a fan of updates.
But, but ,but marcus.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
I've found precise cut to be a hit and miss depending on whatever version is running, amount to cut, shape of the antagonist and so forth. It's probably working ok in the next version and maybe not so well couple versions down the line. There's little a reseller can do if the specific version has hiccups with a function.

For lot of 3Shape troubles, changing some things slightly sometimes allows things that previously errored out to work out ok in the end; tiny change to insertion angle, slight +-tool change to design and so forth.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the system has the most trouble wrangling 10 micron cuts or less.

especially with its default material parameters. custom materials are always advised for this reason. they arent hard to make and with certain few tweaks to the philosophy of material indications, you should never encounter any material problems right through to finished product.

for example forced oversizing, bite stops, over (or under) generalized material thickness, and localization of all parameters as distinct from posterior to anterior.

all easily do-able with a bit of elbow grease.

at least i assume thats where you humans store your grease to begin with. my limited data of anatomy doesnt yet fully understand the elbow.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Seven, why do you think all the kinks will be worked out? 2015 was by and large a bust and should be used in the future as the cad example of he Exxon Valdez. If 2016 doesn't hit the floor running even the most adamant 3 shape user should be questioning there choice. I must admit than I am a fan of Exocad but I also have multiple 3 shape dongles that are paid up. Let's raise are glasses and toast 2016! May you let us forget 2015 altogether. Hoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk