3shape slowing down

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
Within the last month our 3shape server pc has been slowing down considerably. Is there anyway to speed it back up. Logging cases in is taking minutes because you get the wheel of death loading you sit and wait. Can't I just move last year and year before files from Dental Orders folder to speed things up? Something I am missing....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Do a virus scan, clean maleware, also don't let your database get HUGE! Upgrading to a SSD from your traditional HDD would be a good idea as well. But clean up any unneeded files. Moving the files from last year would be a good start.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Within the last month our 3shape server pc has been slowing down considerably. Is there anyway to speed it back up. Logging cases in is taking minutes because you get the wheel of death loading you sit and wait. Can't I just move last year and year before files from Dental Orders folder to speed things up? Something I am missing...
The 3shape geniuses will chime in with path renaming and moving your storage off the os drive help, but do a good deep virus scan before going to that level.

Even if you run antivirus, run something 'offline' like this http://download.cnet.com/Antivirus-Live-CD/3000-2239_4-75747228.html or even housecall.trendmicro.com

Doing a cd based antiviris will prevent some smarter viruslike stuff from hiding itself a'la Sony rootkit or more clever means.
Edit:wow I can't spell

Be careful to read the instal stuff as download.com/Cnet likes to push extra junk at you. The link is variant of Clam AV and the cd is a bootable cd that runs a lite linux distro intended for emergency cleaning.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
So if I move the files out of my dental orders folder to a separate pc as backup how do I make 3shape to stop searching for them and prevent the error box popping up about log files