3Shape problems

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
I'm sure someone else has already said this but we have reached our boiling point. We were one of the first to try the 2015 software when it came out thinking just like every other 3Shape update it was good. Boy were we wrong we got our reseller to take it off and put 2014 back up there. Well now that there isn't much left of 2015 we decided to give the newest updated version of 2015 a try. Never had an issue with the scanner itself locking up in the middle of a scan. But now it will lock up on the last die so bad the scanner has to be realigned and calibrated. When I did finally get it to scan all the way through the dental designer went back to the 2014 version instead of 2015. Its almost as though the computer is telling me that this new software is junk and you just wasted $2000 on this last years dongle fee. I thought that the 2000 was for R and D and tech support. Sorry folks rant over.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
i would ask your 3shape people to supply you with a rolled back driver for the scanner, because obvs the driver and your hardware arent properly communicating. doubt it has much to do with 2015/14 system, just the scanner driver.

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
i would ask your 3shape people to supply you with a rolled back driver for the scanner, because obvs the driver and your hardware arent properly communicating. doubt it has much to do with 2015/14 system, just the scanner driver.
the scanner is only part of the issue it keeps going back and forth between 2015 and 2014 software. It maybe something that our reseller didn't do or did but I just know that it was working fine then download 2015 and now were having problems. It will scan in 2015 software then sometimes it maybe the 2015 design or it could go to 2014 desinger

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Is it possible someone is selecting 2014 design suite when you enter the case? I know that sounds dumb, but I think you can change it if there are multiple versions.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Can you select it to scan in the 2015, and design in 2014 via the Control Panel settings, and see if it sticks and works that way?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Can't you punt that thing like a football?....it'll make you feel better.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
old cases would be designed with the older software, especially if its using an implant that was reconfigured in a newer release. its one of those invisible control panel saved settings (and the prime source of complaint regarding the Copy function)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I'm sure someone else has already said this but we have reached our boiling point. We were one of the first to try the 2015 software when it came out thinking just like every other 3Shape update it was good. Boy were we wrong we got our reseller to take it off and put 2014 back up there. Well now that there isn't much left of 2015 we decided to give the newest updated version of 2015 a try. Never had an issue with the scanner itself locking up in the middle of a scan. But now it will lock up on the last die so bad the scanner has to be realigned and calibrated. When I did finally get it to scan all the way through the dental designer went back to the 2014 version instead of 2015. Its almost as though the computer is telling me that this new software is junk and you just wasted $2000 on this last years dongle fee. I thought that the 2000 was for R and D and tech support. Sorry folks rant over.

First what version of 2015 are you running? and what scanner? D900L and below run on ScanitRestoration as where D1000/D2000 run only on ScanitDental two completely different types of scanning software.

Sounds like something went south with your scanner just at the same time you decided to go back to 2015 for the second time, I doubt the software locked up the scanner. You might want to copy your back up files and place them in a safe folder, then completely uninstall 3shape and anything related. Start with a fresh install and see what happens. Something got screwed up on the install somewhere.

I have 2.9.9.5 2014 running on my D700 and will never change of upgrade that due to certain reasons that 2015 has taken away, in house ZR abutments on some libraries. But my D2000 is running on 2015.3.1 and it has issues but nothing that halts production,there are bugs that do suck. Going to jump on 2015.5.0 in a few days, heard it is pretty solid. They said they fixed a boat load of issues. But keep in mind when you take the risk on jumping on the newest version bandwagon you take a risk and almost loose your right to rant about it. That's like buying the newest iPhone and then saying apples sucks. It's a risk we all take to try the newest stuff but it is what it is. When I first jumped on 2015.3.1 I hated it but then found work around and ended up evolving with it.

The following new features and solved issues are available in Dental SystemTM, version 15.5.0:

General

• Updated software translations (13 languages).
  • Easily access more than 40 Dental SystemTM training videos to help you get the most out of your Dental SystemTM solution -including core workflows and newest innovations either via Dental Manager or from the Training Center in the Control Panel.
Multi-Dongle

• New 3Shape "Multi-Dongle" enables you to use subscriptions which are placed on more than 1 dongle on the same computer.
    - The Multi-Dongle works as one dongle: You insert more than one dongle into the same PC and both dongles will be regarded as one. This means that all subscriptions and dongle options will be consolidated, as if they were placed on a single dongle.
    - Connecting two or more dongles to one PC allows you to use individual subscriptions such as Add-Ons (e.g. Abutment Designer) or libraries placed on different dongles, possibly purchased from different resellers.
    - You can view the consolidated list of subscriptions on the 3Shape Subscription Management page in Control Panel.
    - View the detailed subscription information for each dongle using the "Details" option.
    - Dongle number and configurations will be determined by the master dongle (master dongle is selected automatically but can be modified in Control Panel to e.g. get a different reseller-specific configuration).
    - In case of the same type of subscription on multiple dongles (e.g. Abutment Designer),only the first expiry date will be visible in Control Panel. When the first license expires, the next expiry date is activated.
    - In case one of the dongles includes a closed system, the whole system - meaning all inserted consolidated dongles - will be encrypted. It is not possible to combine a system with limited saves (e.g. "Demo System" or "Education System") with systems who have unlimited saves.
Scanning and Model BuilderTM

• All-in-one Scanning is now available for the D1000 and D2000 scanners. The D2000 is the only scanner in the market with two axes - meaning you can scan both upper and lower model at the same time and do no longer have to scan the Die separately. This increases productivity and scanning speed while significantly reducing handling time. The D1000 scanner offers the same benefits as the D2000 scanner, but requires switching the upper and lower model since it has only one axis.
  • Further improvements to the new Scanning Application:
    - Full scanning support for a number of important indications including Post and Cores, Wax-ups for Copings and Bridges, Removable Partial Dentures, Full Dentures as well as Customized Impression Trays and Splints.
    - Increased scan accuracy and detail level when scanning dies in arch with the D1000 and D2000 scanners.
    - New option to automatically start scanning when closing the scanner door.
    - When skipping the bite scan using the Occlusion Setup Tool the automatic occlusion has been improved.
    - The "Neighborhood scan" option to capture the exact contact points is now available for all scanning workflows.
    - It is now possible to flexibly move annotation points in the Preview step.
  • Improved scanning capabilities (ScanSuite 1.0.9.2),including:
    - Improved coverage for hard-to-reach areas when using D1000 and D2000 scanners.
    - Better support for scanning objects mounted on white base plates.
    - Improved calibration speed for D2000 scanner.
    - Scan baseplate now moves back to exact start position.
    - More reliable scanning results and significantly reduced noise of the scanner.
CAD design

• Additional new shortcuts making your daily work faster and easier.
    - "Backspace" to go one step back in the workflow.
    - "P" to show/hide pre-preparation and wax-up scans.
    - "T" to turn on/off scan texture and "SHIFT+T" to turn on/off all textures.
    - "V" to turn on/off the Virtual Articulator.
    - Keyboard arrows to move through the smile libraries in the Smile Library Selector for quick and powerful smile design.
    - Double-click on the selected library to apply it and to close the Smile Library Selector.
  • Extended new functionality for Positioning Guides:
    - Possibility to add ID tags for easier identification of the case
    - CAM output for Positioning Guides on Abutments will now include top/bottom screw-hole intersection lines to easily integrate with the milling software.
  • New "One by one" mode for easier placing of attachments in Smile Composer. Simply use the "Plus" button to add new attachments.
  • You can now create occlusal stops when designing Pontics.
  • A helpful warning message will appear in case of intersections between a pontic and the preparation scan to ensure that you remember to cut the pontic to the preparation scan.
  • More intuitive behavior of the "Next" button when setting the Insertion Direction - especially facilitating user-friendly bridge design.
  • A separate Single Die can now be output for 3D printing without having to go through Model BuilderTM. Supported for crown, coping and bridge cases. The option needs to be enabled in Control Panel.
  • Numerous improvements for Full Dentures:
    - New helpful hints with clear instructions about what each tool in Smile ComposerTM can do.
    - Minimum material thickness is now applied to denture base for Full Dentures and 3D Bite Plate cases in order to ensure an optimal manufacturing result.
    - Improved visualization of the model analysis for an optimal denture design.
    - Possibility to use Pound's triangle visual guide when placing mandibular posterior teeth in Smile ComposerTM. Pound's triangle embraces an occlusal scheme referring to a balanced "lingualized" occlusion and a buccolingual placement of posterior teeth in which the use of esthetics, speech and anatomic landmarks have been combined. This option needs to be enabled in Control Panel.
    - Teeth collisions are now checked not only between neighboring teeth and antagonist.
    - Central teeth will now always stay on the median plane when using the Arch setup tool for optimal incisal placement.
    - New rotation joystick based on a hinging axis linked to the condyles for changing the static occlusion around the condyles for 3D Bite Plate orders ensures a more natural jaw position.
  • Several improvements for library creation:
    - Easily import all teeth directly from the folder of your choice instead of having to select each file one by one.
    - Improved teeth alignment when designing a smile.
    - New helpful Mirror Tool options when designing a smile, including "mirror shape and position", "mirror shape only" or "mirror position only".
  • Full support for the new Bio-ArtTM Virtual Articulator including a Custom Incisal Table.
Dental Manager and Control Panel

• Improve your system's performance by automatically deleting orders older than a specific date with a possibility to save them on your local disk if necessary. This option is available in the Control Panel.
  • Easily delete any order or its design only using the new corresponding options under the "Delete" menu in Dental Manager.
  • Possibility to choose a preferred scan application (by selecting ScanIt Dental or ScanIt Restoration under "Scan Module" dropdown) in the Order Form settings when using several scanners in a client-server setup. Needs to be enabled in Control Panel.
  • It is now possible to add a pre-preparation scan to the designed cases which is especially relevant for Try-in Bridges and Dentures.
  • Possibility to receive videos and clinical photos made with the intraoral camera included in the TRIOS®3 via 3Shape CommunicateTM.
  • Seamless CAM output generation from Dental Designer, even if the PC being used does not have a valid subscription.
  • For seamless manufacturing of split bridges, the necessary information is now included in the 3ox file.
  • Sending cases from Implant StudioTM to Dental SystemTM via 3Shape CommunicateTM and continuing to design in Dental SystemTM will now be running smoothly.
  • Support for import/export of Denture teeth combination tables when exporting Denture libraries.
Stabilization and Solved Issues:

High focus on stabilization and many bugs have been fixed, including the following major fixed issues:

• The issue with design changes being lost on one jaw when simultaneously working on upper and lower jaws has been fixed.
  • Selecting a tooth on the opposite jaw will no longer change the current view.
  • Adding or subtracting material during sculpting on protected areas will no longer create holes in the abutment design.
  • When starting the Virtual Articulator the static bite is not changed.
  • The opening of the Virtual Articulator (KaVo, Bio-ArtTM and Artex) can now be controlled by the incisal pin to lower or raise the bite successfully. Remaining articulators will follow in Dental SystemTM 2016.
  • Scans no longer disappear on the "Anatomy pre-design" step when selecting the Virtual Articulator.
  • Teeth are no longer visualized in red after applying "Contact and smoothing" parameters.
  • When reopening an order, it will always be opened in the Dental Designer version it was originally designed in, even after upgrading Dental SystemTM to a newer version.
  • In case the dentist fails to send an order using 3Shape CommunicateTM in the first place, resending this order will now be possible again.
  • The "TRIOS®" button is now always visible in the Order Form when using the "Modify" option in Dental Manager.
  • The new scanning application is now working better in client/server setups: installation now automatically makes sure that scanning runs smoothly and starts faster.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
could it be your computer cant cope with the extra work and just crashes. we have had to update our computer a couple of times over the years.

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
We had are reseller uninstall and then reinstall 15.5 and then 3shape told them to update the scanner driver and so far so good.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We had are reseller uninstall and then reinstall 15.5 and then 3shape told them to update the scanner driver and so far so good.

2015.5.0 is pretty solid. Except on a D2000 scanner you have no option to enable or disable dual platform scanning. It is not for every case and now the work arounds are on the d2000 scanning technique, a pain in my arse.

Glad to hear you got it settle.

Z

Zetor

Reaction score
2015.5.0 is pretty solid. Except on a D2000 scanner you have no option to enable or disable dual platform scanning. It is not for every case and now the work arounds are on the d2000 scanning technique, a pain in my arse.

Glad to hear you got it settle.

Hello Sevan , can you please explain what you mean with "no option to enable or disable dual platform scanning "

B

Bruce Frederic

Reaction score

Hi twinrivers14. This is Bruce from 3Shape. I’m sorry to hear you’ve some issues with your 3Shape system, and that you haven’t received the necessary support from your reseller to resolve them. Can you contact me privately at [email protected], and let me know who you purchased the system from, so that we can make sure to connect you directly with their support desk and then you can get the proper technical help you need to resolve this issue.
Bruce

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hello Sevan , can you please explain what you mean with "no option to enable or disable dual platform scanning "

In 2015.3.1 there was an option in the scanner setting to enable dual platform, if it was not enable you only used the left table to scan everything on. Now in 2015.5.0 there in no dual platform option so now both platform are used all the time making it hard to scan cases mounted on metal articulators, I figured a work around for the vertex articulators. I already sent a support feedback for this. It sucks but still usable.