3Shape Ortho and clear aligners

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Does anyone use 3shape for manufacturing aligners like invisiline? is it possible with 2012?
I would love to hear any info or experiences.
Thanks.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Does anyone use 3shape for manufacturing aligners like invisiline? is it possible with 2012?
I would love to hear any info or experiences.
Thanks.

Yes and Yes. With the tooth movement software I know people preparing treatment plans and printing the models. In the new ortho software there will be an appliance designer so you will be able to easily create the clear aligner and output the file to manufacture, or even maybe use SLS to create the entire thing 100% digitally (or just do a suckdown).

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Yes and Yes. With the tooth movement software I know people preparing treatment plans and printing the models. In the new ortho software there will be an appliance designer so you will be able to easily create the clear aligner and output the file to manufacture, or even maybe use SLS to create the entire thing 100% digitally (or just do a suckdown).

So im guessing your just printing/milling the models?

Invisalign is sueing everyone that attempts to make these because of there patents. Its a moneymaker at the Arse but scary to be the lab pushing them without backers

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
There are various competitors of invisalign that aren't in legal battles. i think the only company they managed to get was started by someone who left invisalign and set up shop in pakistan.
I dont think there would be much to worry about.....maybe

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Do you have to use the R700 scanner? or can you use the ortho analyser with any high end scanner?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
You can add ortho to any of the the 3Shape scanners

S

Sune

Reaction score
Do you have to use the R700 scanner? or can you use the ortho analyser with any high end scanner?

You don't need any scanner to use OrthoAnalyzer! (if you have the model files) Get a lab to scan the physical impressions or gypsum models for you. A Intra oral 3D scanner is another option ;-)

Welcome To Clearstep - Clearstep
Minor Tooth Movement | MTM® Clear Aligner | MTM® NoTrace™ - MTM Clear Aligner
ClearPath, Orthodontist, Orthodontic Treatment: ClearPath Orthodontics

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I visited this site :Formlabs - High Resolution Desktop 3D Printer
It seems very interesting. Do you think this SL printer could be used for manufacturing aligners ?
Do yoy think that (Min. Layer Thickness:25 microns (.001 inches)) is enough for accuracy?
Printing a model and fab a simple suck down is the way to go. The material for the suck down is a bout a buck. The cost of the materials for printing is steep. Plus printing in 25 micron layers is likely going to take hours. You can have a suck down finished in 5 minutes.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think the question was if the printer is accurate enough for printing an accurate model, then doing a suckdown over it. Im sure you could get a test print before you purchase anything.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
My bad, I'm sure you can get a test model from the manufacturer.
You'll need Geomagic or a like program to evaluate accuracy.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why not just scan your own mouths model, print it up, and see how it fits in your mouth..?

P

Ppradip

Reaction score
Hallo, i have one question for all the technicians that can we able to milled ORTHODONTICS METAL BRACES ? if yes then which milling machines and what software is required as we can able to do design the cad design with scanner of 3shape but is milling is possible....

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Hallo, i have one question for all the technicians that can we able to milled ORTHODONTICS METAL BRACES ? if yes then which milling machines and what software is required as we can able to do design the cad design with scanner of 3shape but is milling is possible....

Mill braces? What does that mean? You mean mill the brackets? Wire? Mill appliances?