3shape IVOCLAR pricing

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, Medits come with all the fixtures. A great PC is not $2000. Any PC would run the software just fine.

Late this past summer, exocad released another CAD library of anatomy with the latest software version.

Please try the software before you buy if you are very concerned with how/where you click. There are shortcuts for people who like to use them.

So, you already have contacted a 3shape reseller to get signed up with them, and 3shape .....asked all the questions about buying a used system then?

Is there not a license transfer fee? I am 99.9% sure we have talked about this many times on this forum with used 3shapes for sale.

Maybe this is included in that $19,000 then already? Are you sure you want a Laser scanner?

Yes, I try to keep this place exciting. Sorry to come across as a jerk. Anyone who has met me in person knows that I am not. Quite the opposite.

Charles has been round and round with every vendor there is. He will end up buying everything at least Once.

Jason on the other hand suprises me. Have no idea if he is talking smack, or serious about spending $45k on a scanner over Five years. (d900)

He has been telling us only good things about the Medit and exocad for years now. ??

Sorry to Mr. GAP, but if you make silly comments or ask silly questions then you get silly answer from me. Asking what scanner comes with no fixtures so I can use a blob of clay instead is kinda rediculous. Also not being able to find a solution to hold a model in place?

I mean, how hard is it to make shapes of materials in our labs to hold something? The problem is with the stupid articulator system he is using. I HATE those things for the exact reason he is stating. They stink for CAD/CAM. Almost impossible to use a vise-style fixture plate with them. We call customers and say not to send us thoses again if we see them. You can't do this. The model WILL move if only attached with a chunk of clay. The Medits move too fast. A full arch model will get thrown off the plate. Then, you have to pull out parts of the model as the scanning sequence is gone through. Having clay is asking for trouble. Model will shift around causing poor scan data.

Again, sorry GAP but that whole problem of yours and your solution boggles my mind. It is not the correct approach. Change your model system if you want to use a digital scanner, then use the fixtures that all scanners come with, except 3shape apparently? They are made for a reason.

Last edited:
GAP

GAP

Reaction score
Sorry to Mr. GAP,

Son, this is where your sentence should've ended.

if you say "sorry YOU got offended by what I said" and imply I'm a fool, thats not an apology.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
So with the boatload of labs using 3shape, the success labs and milling centers have with the system, you think my question was ridiculous? How can 3shape have so much success then when using the putty? According to you it shouldn't and its bad, expensive, and everyone should buy a medit from you.

How can you say "medit is good, medit is great" when it can only scan pindex models with ease? How can you berate me for saying' I HATE fixtures' (cuz they're a PTA with my model system) when you, yourself, ask people not to send them to you?

Could it be that maybe 3shapes scanner and software are more congruent than medit and 3rd party CAD software? You can't answer this, you never owned a 3shape. I think you should buy one and that way you can scan pinless stuff and not turn away customers.

I don't want to change models systems. I don't want to spend twice as long on model work

Medit is good Medit is great.....(but only with pindex models [whispers])

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Does Exo support the 3D-connexion mice or similar hardware ? Is there a demo version of it so ppl can give it a test drive ?

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Good question on the demo.
And well spoken senor gap.
@Scott, I would love for you to work with 3 shape for a few Weeks and then get back to us. I'm sure you've dabbled with it, but really use it and let us know if it really sucks as much as you wish it did.
I think both systems are great. I lean heavily to 3 shape as the favorite and best cause I know it. Just like you to exocad. But I'm not going to berate exo.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I got a chance to watch a friend use 3shape. He allowed my to dabble with it as well..... Just ordered a D900

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Does Exo support the 3D-connexion mice or similar hardware ? Is there a demo version of it so ppl can give it a test drive ?

Yes I use a 3D- connexion mouse with Exocad

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score

Of course my friend, I use the Space Explorer , perfect, I like ! :)

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
GAP, the Medit does come with a plate for clay/putty. Both do.

You do not have to use pindex. I never said either of those things.

We do not use it. Other may want to use it, so it is included.

I never said the 3shape has any flaws as far as the CAD goes.

I know it works and I never said it didn't work. ??

To me, both exocad and 3shape are basically identical in functions.

I can't really think of One feature that is missing from either, as far as CAD goes. Same/same.

Yes, there is a Demo Dongle for exocad.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
GAP, the Medit does come with a plate for clay/putty. Both do
I thought when you first said "we have special plates just for you" you were being sarcastic.
so re: my original question, what you meant to say yesterday was "Yes GAP, we have trouble scanning with pinless systems too (this is called building rapport--cuz I was having trouble),but the medit has the option to use putty too, so this should make you happy, happy?"

You do not have to use pindex. I never said either of those things.
you suggested changing model systems, I thought you meant a pin & base system and used pindex as an example--just an FYI

I never said the 3shape has any flaws as far as the CAD goes.
I know it works and I never said it didn't work. ??
not sure which statement these referred to but-----ok.

You Seemed to have mellowed--oh joy of joys.

C

charles007

Reaction score
So now I'm in freak out mode after this frickin thread! I can get a slightly used 3shape d700 for $19,000
@charles007, you really switching to 3shape? Why? Buying mill from Bob at CAP?
Jason @NicelyMKV, you really getting the d900? If so why?
Still using my new Medit SE.... and will never buy a new 3shape scanner..

19K used 3shape seems very high unless its still under warranty ! what modules are included ? and make sure the 3shape reseller has great support...

I would trade my new scanner for a used D800, but solely dependent on who the reseller is !
Any takers that are tired of paying yearly fees when Exocad has almost the same features and speed ?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Been following the thread for sometime. It's looking like it has run off topic. But there is only so much to say about Ivoclars prices.
The primary problem with the new direction of the thread is everyone has either a 3Shape, Exocad or neither. Love the passion of the thread, but, getting an honest comparative analysis is not easily obtainable. It seems like both systems are good as there seems to be many happy users of each system. We use 3Shape and love it. Not to say, if we were using Exocad we wouldn't love it equally. Unless someone (or several people) has extensive experience with both, the "which is better?" is difficult to answer as there is little qualified input from single users of both systems. Yes, you can discuss cost, annual fees, model holders and scanners. but I don't see these being primary factor to determine which is better. In addition, there are many threads on DLN about scanner accuracy. For 99% of the cases being scanned all the scanners discussed in the thread provide product that is clinically acceptable or better. To me, if I were looking for a new scan design system i would be most interested in the following:
1. A design system that gets the best anatomical design in the least amount of time.
2. Scanner speed
3. Design indications
4. Ease of use
5. A system that will grow as technology grows so it's not outdated in two years
6. Support

L

labtek

Reaction score
Running off topic is not a bad thing. Once a debate/discussion begins I think it is productive to let it go where the participants take it as long as we are getting real lab experiences. I want to hear about everyones experiences and filter the BS as needed.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
3Shape is like Mac Computers and Exocad is like PC..
Whew just read the last page in this thread.... its getting hot in here!
Hey Tyler quick question, since 3$hap€ is the mac of scanners, what are you using as controlling computer, mac?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hey Tyler quick question, since 3$hap€ is the mac of scanners, what are you using as controlling computer, mac?

I love your little jab at " 3$hap€ " pretty funny actually Troy :)

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

Nope I am running PC.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
I think a better analogy would be iPhone (3Shape) vs Android (ExoCAD) vs BlackBerry (DW).

Some companies take the Android OS and close it or control it, the iPhone is very controlled but very fluid. You can take price comparisons from it as well.