3Shape Dental Desktop Error 2/13/17

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Got in to the lab this morning, turned on the computers and tried to get some scanning done. Was prompted with a Dental Desktop Error. Apparently this is an error that popped up over the weekend. For those with scanners before D1000 we can get around this by going to

Control Panel > System Settings > Order Form Settings > check Scan Module settings.

Then when entering new case in the order form in the top left corner there is a Scan drop down box to choose the older scan system. Hope that helps some of us. Was told that D1000/2000 are SOL right now???

Last edited:
K

Kaksmula

Reaction score
Yes, we are (got D2000). Been staring at this error all day. Anyone got a clue what has happened?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Yep there's no current workaround for D1000/D2000 (or R1000 and R2000).

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
You saved me an hour on the phone with support! Thank you!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You mean this error? I wonder if this new Windows pop up about the same time, coincides?

3shape error 2 11 17.JPG
Capture.JPG

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
There is a patch for all scanner minus the d1000 and d2000.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Fixed my d700 server but not yet d2000, it is scanitdental that has the issue, you will need to use scanitrestoration and that is only d900l and below.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Fixed my d700 server but not yet d2000, it is scanitdental that has the issue, you will need to use scanitrestoration and that is only d900l and below.

Using the old Scan software reminded me of what I liked about it. Presenting the mark tooth option after the high res scan rather than have me select a gnarly prep from an amorphic taupe blob.

Care Dental Lab

Care Dental Lab

Reaction score
Using a d1000 but still not able to scan, hopefully soon.
Maybe I should look at having a back up exocad scanner...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not knowing how it works...does 3Shape look for and install minor updates in between build updates in the background, and this is how we get the occasional errors?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
From 3Shape

Install software fix
We have created a software fix that you need to install on the PC. We have packaged the fix in an easy installation package.

To install the package:
1. Close all running 3Shape programs
2. The fix works for:
o Dental System versions 15.6.1 and above
o Implant Studio versions 16.1 and above
o Ortho System: all versions
o Practice Lab: all versions
o If you are currently using an older version, please contact your reseller to upgrade before the next steps.
3. Follow the link: https://www.hightail.com/download/dDZIRE9qRndvQnRwdmNUQw
4. Download and run the file DentalDesktopPatcher.exe
5. Restart your machine

NOTE: If you wish to (re)install any previously released patch or version of the software then the error will reappear.

Please reach out to your local support contact in case of doubts or difficulties.

We would like once again to apologize for any inconveniences this error has caused you. We are naturally taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Thank you for your patience.

3Shape

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you, kristian.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Not knowing how it works...does 3Shape look for and install minor updates in between build updates in the background, and this is how we get the occasional errors?
That's what I also wondered. Because I know I haven't run any updates. Sounds like 3Shape rolled out a small update or patch and it had a bug.
From 3Shape

Install software fix
We have created a software fix that you need to install on the PC. We have packaged the fix in an easy installation package.

To install the package:
1. Close all running 3Shape programs
2. The fix works for:
o Dental System versions 15.6.1 and above
o Implant Studio versions 16.1 and above
o Ortho System: all versions
o Practice Lab: all versions
o If you are currently using an older version, please contact your reseller to upgrade before the next steps.
3. Follow the link: https://www.hightail.com/download/dDZIRE9qRndvQnRwdmNUQw
4. Download and run the file DentalDesktopPatcher.exe
5. Restart your machine

NOTE: If you wish to (re)install any previously released patch or version of the software then the error will reappear.

Please reach out to your local support contact in case of doubts or difficulties.

We would like once again to apologize for any inconveniences this error has caused you. We are naturally taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Thank you for your patience.

3Shape
Thanks Kristian,
Was this sent to you in an email or how did you get this protocol??

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Thanks Kristian,
Was this sent to you in an email or how did you get this protocol??
It's copypasted from an email 3Shape sent to its resellers about 20 minutes ago.

Note: I haven't tried it myself; my computers were running when the issues appeared so we're currently not affected. I downloaded the patch and will drop it in after hours.

Top Bottom