3shape D250

I

Ian Stafford

Reaction score
Can anyone help, ive a 3shape D250, the PC its connected to has just been upgraded to Windows 7, ive put all the 3shape software back on the PC but everytime I try and launch the scanserver it asks for a password, ive tried scan and docal, any ideas what it could be, or does the D250 not like Windows 7.
Ian

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it is very important to know what version you are running for scanserver bacause the d250 stopped being supported several versions ago. using a too new version would make it bug out.

contact your 3shape provider and ensure you are first running the correct scanserver version.

I

Ian Stafford

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I had the guy from Degudent come in and put the latest software on, the scanserver is version 4.0.1.0 which as far as i know is the last one for the D250

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ok, that allays the fear you may have accidentally upgraded too far.

now, as for the password - thats interesting. if scan and docal arent working i don't really know how to proceed other than get degudent to provide you the password.

I

Ian Stafford

Reaction score
I did ask the guy at Degudent but he didnt know, he said try who we originally brought the scanner from which is Nobil Metal, I tried them and they said contact 3shape, I tried that and they said contact Degudent......then I ended up here.......

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I did ask the guy at Degudent but he didnt know, he said try who we originally brought the scanner from which is Nobil Metal, I tried them and they said contact 3shape, I tried that and they said contact Degudent......then I ended up here.......

That's what I call GREAT customer support.:rolleyes:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ugh. well lets start at basics. the d250 has two firewire connections - are they plugged in correctly ? in the device manager does the device show as installed correctly?

have you tried running the scanserver as admin ?

I

Ian Stafford

Reaction score
Could be the firewire connections thats the problem, i checked device manager, there was 4 errors, sorted out 2 by updating the drivers, there are still 2 errors which i believe are the firewire ports connected to the cameras in the scanner, tried to update the drivers for those but it says ive the best available, but ive still got errors. Ill try again Monday....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
scanmaster will get you to the good stuff

J

Jorge

Reaction score
I think there were drivers for the cameras themselves (besides de firewire ones) or at least a program to download the firmware to the cameras, but maybe those drivers are for Windows XP not for Windows 7.

There were a small (encrypted) file with the cameras serial numbers inside it, I do not remember the name, me moved to Exocad the second time the D250 failed instead of sending it again for two months to Poland for repair.
You need that file to use the D250 in another computer (or same computer if installed new operating system from scratch).

Do you still have the XP hard disk?
If not, have you tried to downgrade to windows XP?
You can use dual boot with another hard disk, this way you can check if it is Windows 7 fault or not because you will be using the same hardware.

I

Ian Stafford

Reaction score
Yeah, got if sorted, a chap from 3shape rang, connected to my PC and it was sorted in 10 mins, the password is only needed the first time you run scanserver, at least he knew what it was, he sorted out some of the drivers to so it works with Windows 7 just fine, thanks 3Shape

Top Bottom