3Shape anatomical cut back help

user name

user name

Reaction score
Instead of designing Zir frames for full coverage with porcelain, how do you make the anatomical cut back design that would allow you to just layer enamel over 2/3's rather than a full anatomic reduction?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
start with your anatomical coping.

draw on it where you want the margin to copy the anatomy, all else is cutback

user name

user name

Reaction score
I guess I remember that now...Ive just never used it yet. Thanks Luke.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
anytime homeslice.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Here's what my cutbacks look like.

DSC_0431_zps74e49f41.jpg

DSC_0430_zps0c6b680d.jpg

DSC_0429_zpscf347cf8.jpg

DSC_0428_zps59da47fa.jpg

C

charles007

Reaction score
It truly amazes me when I see the nice frames we get using Cad on cutback cases and think of all the thousands of pfms I've done with such sloppy designs and the porcelain didn't shear off and chip more often. :rolleyes:
If I were a doctor and knowing what I know about framework designs, I would never use metal frameworks again unless designed with a scanner.

user name

user name

Reaction score
It truly amazes me when I see the nice frames we get using Cad on cutback cases and think of all the thousands of pfms I've done with such sloppy designs and the porcelain didn't shear off and chip more often. :rolleyes:
If I were a doctor and knowing what I know about framework designs, I would never use metal frameworks again unless designed with a scanner.
That's kind of a stretch...? Ive always designed my stuff in wax very well. My struggle has been to be able to 'see' in perspective when Im designing in 3D. I don't think Im a dope by any means (although your opinions may vary),but making the transition to digital hasn't been easy. Most of my issues are fear of the unknown. Like the rat Emile in the movie Rataouille said..."They could write a book about the things Dad doesn't know...and they have. A lot of books".

Im catching on, but slowly.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's kind of a stretch...? Ive always designed my stuff in wax very well. My struggle has been to be able to 'see' in perspective when Im designing in 3D. I don't think Im a dope by any means (although your opinions may vary),but making the transition to digital hasn't been easy. Most of my issues are fear of the unknown. Like the rat Emile in the movie Rataouille said..."They could write a book about the things Dad doesn't know...and they have. A lot of books".

Im catching on, but slowly.

Keep asking questions and learn to become one with the computer.PcguruCanabis

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
posted before - this is how we do cutback -