3shape 2016 rescanning

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Anyone noticed that there isn't an "align to old scan" option in 2016?

We used this in 2014, when we got through a design and needed to adjust the models/dies(undercuts, close bite, etc.),then needed to rescan. If we rescan a prep arch in 2016, the design will stay, but it will be shifted.

Has anyone found a workaround or the place where the "align to old scan" is located?

upload_2016-8-31_15-49-33.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is a glitch that was in 2015 and carried over into 2016. 3shqpe is aware of this. But no work around and believe me I have tried. Now in your case I would simply reset the case by either deleting the design tree or once in the case simply undo all the clicks and start fresh.

Now when you get into large cases and you realize the bite is off or you adjusted the opposing simply finish the case, copy>append design the preparation. Then modify the original scan add a pre op scan. Then go to the copy file and pull the merged file out and import it into the original so now you have a layout you can easily get back into the without having to spend a lot of time as before. But you still will have to delete the design tree.

But I have noticed if you just modify a die it should keep the design no issue it seems to be just on rescan of the bite, opposing and or model. It is a nasty glitch it is all within the modeling tree that something goes wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Yeah...design tree steps get all convoluted from 2015 and newer I've noticed if I go to redesign.

It's like the origin of the step is in the wrong place. Occlusal anatomy gets put on the facial, etc.

Crazy...I have to go in and undo and redesign it completely.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Best to just delete the design tree. I'm trying to find a fix but they really did a good job on F ing it up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom