3 shape/ exocad

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Hi ,
Just wondering if ipossible to use a 3shape scanner with a different cad software (exocad).
Thank you

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I'm sure I read on here that Exo will now work with 3Shape scanners.........

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I highly doubt it, that 3shape will ever open up their hardware for 3rd party CAD... they seem to focus more on beefing up their security than functionality in each release...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? Exo with a Medit should be more accurate. 3Shape scanner to 3Shape software is like wise with the new 900 blue light scanner. Keep each to his own, less headaches that way.

Sevan

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
3shape can't produce stl files?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sure they can, what made you think that?

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? Exo with a Medit should be more accurate. 3Shape scanner to 3Shape software is like wise with the new 900 blue light scanner. Keep each to his own, less headaches that way.

Sevan
Hi Sevan
I'm a one man lab with d250 scanner . I was thinking if I could use my scanner with a different cad to avoid licence, that's all. Maybe I have to purchase a new one (not a 3shape of course).

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
3shape can't produce stl files?

3Shape scanners don't output STL's natively. It's an open system AFTER the design. There is a way to get STL scans out of the system though, either via their 'visualization output' or by turning on the scanit stl output on the dongle. Both are free but needs to be enabled by your reseller. Then you should be able to import that into Exo. Not any more or less accurate then doing it all in 3Shape. Scan data is scan data and it won't change moving between software.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
...... Not any more or less accurate then doing it all in 3Shape. Scan data is scan data and it won't change moving between sofware./QUOTE]

Ok, I use my scanner occasionally. Eventually I will start to design more but I'm not sure what to do with my 250. It's ok now, just doing some zirconia and abutments. Just trying to avoid the yearly fee.