2connect debonding from zirconium

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
I don't know what is happening or what we are doing wrong with the 2 connect female metallic copings, they keep debonding when the dentist is tightening the two connect bridge onto the implants in the mouth.

We are using relyx ultimate resin cement

Micro abrade the zirconium
Micro abrade the female
Apply adhesive to the zirconium and female
Wait 30 sec
Place relyx resin cement into the zirconium and onto the female 2 connect and glue them together

And light cure

But this debonding never happens on the single crown 2 connect ti bases. We use the same cement and same bonding protocol.

Pl help.

Sam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
sand blast the coping, try panavia?
is it de-bonding from the zir, or ti?
I can't make panavia release if I try

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I would suggest making a verification jig just to rule out any discrepancies between the mouth and model first. Since the debonding is happening when the screw is tightened the coping may not be seated completely and when torqued it's breaking loose from bridge. Although it should take quite a bit a force break loose if properly bonded.
Is the dentist tightening each screw a little at a time or one completely then the next?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
I would suggest making a verification jig just to rule out any discrepancies between the mouth and model first. Since the debonding is happening when the screw is tightened the coping may not be seated completely and when torqued it's breaking loose from bridge. Although it should take quite a bit a force break loose if properly bonded.
Is the dentist tightening each screw a little at a time or one completely then the next?
The 2 connect tibase is crazy wide for zimmer 3.5 implant and it hurts a lot when the two connect bridge is being tried and a screwed as u can see in the X-ray, the connect is right against the bone.

Just pushing against this resistance causes the 2 connect female to slough off from zirconium and the patient is in pain pain and pain and now as a rule the dentist numbs the patient with a 2 connect case. What the hack.....because with the nt trading tibase single crown case the px does not need numbing

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Even if the Pontic is made with a bit of pressure, the female debonds from zirconium

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The taper on the 2connect doesn't help with the retention...I use them for extreme angulations only... also grind some grooves into the Zr as well (in green stage) to have something the cement could key into...

The case you've posted could've used two regular inserts with the hex part cut of...or non-engaging inserts...less taper=better retention :)

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
The taper on the 2connect doesn't help with the retention...I use them for extreme angulations only... also grind some grooves into the Zr as well (in green stage) to have something the cement could key into...

The case you've posted could've used two regular inserts with the hex part cut of...or non-engaging inserts...less taper=better retention :)

The medentika bases are now fda approved and their to connect bases seem to better designed

NT trading came out of medentika

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Where did you hear this?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Where did you hear this?
I got the info at IDS at the medentika booth. An outfit in Boston is selling them, I forgot the name. And all products of medentika will now be sold by strauman as strauman has baught medentika.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Every single Straumann rep should be asked if they will honour their warranty if Medentica components are used.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Straumann bought Medentika...... S**t! I just switched over to that system...

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Basel, 7 October 2013: Straumann today announced two important acquisition agreements that will advance its strategy to become a global leader in the ‘value’ segment of the tooth-replacement market. The Group’s first step outside the premium segment, which it leads, was taken last year when it acquired 49% of Neodent, the market leader in implant dentistry in Brazil.

Medentika

Today, Straumann disclosed that it has signed an agreement to purchase 51% of Medentika GmbH and 51% of Medentika Implant GmbH (collectively referred to as ‘Medentika’) for a total agreed price of 32 million Euros – subject to approval by the German antitrust authority (Bundeskartellamt).

Founded in 2005 and based in Hügelsheim, Germany, Medentika is a fast-growing provider of attractively-priced implant prosthetics that are used with most leading implant and CADCAM systems. The company also supplies a range of titanium implants and instruments and is certified to EN ISO 13485:2007 and AC:2009. With a staff of 37, Medentika generated total revenues of approximately Euro 11 million in 2012, primarily from its prosthetics business, including standard, custom and titanium-base implant abutments, which give dental technicians a one-stop source to restore implants from a range of manufacturers. Medentika’s own implant business was established more recently and is developing well. (For further information please consult www.medentika.de).

Medentika products are sold directly in Germany, its major market, and through distributors in many other countries in Europe and the rest of the world.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I haven't found anything in their catalog that remotely resembles a 2-CONnect system...
look up the Boston company for us please..

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
2 connect came out of Medentika

I think medentika has better 2 connect system with better design.

I will make a call and get the name again of the Boston out fit.

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Ivoclar Mulitilink Implant Cement HO. Use to use RelyX years ago and had several and had some debond. Switched to Ivoclar Multilink and never had a issue again.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Ivoclar Mulitilink Implant Cement HO. Use to use RelyX years ago and had several and had some debond. Switched to Ivoclar Multilink and never had a issue again.
Thanks man for sharing your experience