Form labs 2

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Anybody using this? Models, splints, guides?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Most likely I am going to buy one, recently got a sample printed with 50 um layer thickness (the best it can do is 25 um) and it looks comparable to the output made by big $$$ printers. Will use it for digital diagnostic models, custom trays and guides...not doing too much metal these days to look into their burnout resin... It's relatively slow, planning to do overnight printing with it...so that's not an issue for me...

form2_sample.jpg form2_sample2.jpg

Last edited:
RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
We are purchasing 2 of them as well, I had them send me samples of each of their materials, very cool rubber and "ultra hard" materials along with the dental SG and standard. We will be doing models and surgical guides

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I had some models done.

IMG_20160627_145841.jpg IMG_20160627_145716.jpg IMG_20160627_145738.jpg

They look great, The crown did not fit that well but I chalk that up to the settings being for Zirconia and not resin. Also the support sprues were placed a little funky.

I hope to purchase one soon.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
I've been using the older generation(1+) for almost 2 years now...a great little printer for the price. The resin colors are limited but prints pretty reliably and good support if you have any issues. Resin is good, not brittle but very sticky and needs a good cleaning sometimes with a toothbrush to get surface clean. 10 min in the light cure oven and the models we print are good as anything we got from any of the big machines or centers.

Looking at getting the Form 2 for surgical guides also

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
We are looking into getting a couple of these printers as well. Has anyone heard of using third party resins with it? I know you will have to put the resin in by hand, but it does have an open mode that I'm thinking will work.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Is the material brittle? How do they hold up around the articulator attachment?

The material sample I got (the white chess piece on the pics) is surprisingly tough, if feels kinda like delrin, it can be polished to a high shine...it could be used as an articulator no problem or for pieces what snap together.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We are looking into getting a couple of these printers as well. Has anyone heard of using third party resins with it? I know you will have to put the resin in by hand, but it does have an open mode that I'm thinking will work.

It is a closed system material wise, however I heard from a friend of a friend that with a little hackin' you could make it to work with 3rd party resins as well ;) This is something I'm researching as well, have yet to find an alternative source being substantially cheaper what the OEM resins are sold for, unless I buy it by 55 gal drums ($$$)...

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Is the material brittle? How do they hold up around the articulator attachment?

Not brittle at all, really solid. No issues with removing and putting them back on the articulator.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I'm trying to justify the roi. Ah heck, I'm gonna get one in a couple months. Who needs roi anyways?

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for sharing that.

Only problem is waiting for FDA, and CSA approval for these materials.

Last edited:
F

Freakin teeth

Reaction score
Yes I bought one using the cast able resin haven some issues with internal accuracy been all over with cement gaps any helpful info would be appreciated

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes I bought one using the cast able resin haven some issues with internal accuracy been all over with cement gaps any helpful info would be appreciated
If you print two of the same do you get identical results?

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Is the Form 2 accurate enough for c&b models?

I don't think I'd trust any of the printers out there to do c&B work from, the scan is the most accurate part of the case. We use it with our I/O digital scans to do a basic contact check and give the doctor and us a reference point if anything is far off. If you have a good handle on your cadcam setting and milling tolerances the digital cases seem to go in with little issues, models become an afterthought.