Team JENSEN players

user name

user name

Reaction score
What differences have you experienced between using the two FCZ Jensen offers; Lava Plus HT and the Jensen brand HT?

I have more detailed questions, but that will get it started. Thanks

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I am using Jensen's xt now, ht I use also. Good products. I have not used the lava plus yet to compare( I have it, will try it in later weeks).

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Lava+ seems a little more esthetic, IMO. I only use it on anteriors, or on demand. Otherwise I use Jensen HT on posteriors. Also, I believe that Lava+ is the stronger of the two.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Lava+ seems a little more esthetic, IMO. I only use it on anteriors, or on demand. Otherwise I use Jensen HT on posteriors. Also, I believe that Lava+ is the stronger of the two.
If its more esthetic, why not use it on everything? Is the cost much more?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Yes, the cost is more. How significant that is each user must decide. IMO if I don't get any more for the brand name, it isn't a good choice to spend more when no one cares on the receiving end. They are both esthetic, but a premium product should demand a premium in price.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Everytime I get talked into buying Jensen product it always comes back to bite me in the ass.Typically it breaks in 1 year to date.

Lava t is just the opposite.

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
Wow hammerhead, that statement is a blow below the belt.
Over the past 8+ years I have had the experience of managing and owning my own milling center. With that comes hands on experience with a wide range of equipment and materials. As for equipment, I believe your statement about things breaking in 1 year to the date actually applies to everything in this industry not just Jensen products. My 3Shape, Cerec MCXL, Procera, Origin Mill, Roland Mill, Duotron Sintering Furnace, Vita Sintering Furnace, Nabertherm Sintering Furnace all went to crap before my year mark and not one of those items was a Jensen Product.

Lets get back to the main question of this thread - "What differences have you experienced between using the two FCZ Jensen offers; Lava Plus HT and the Jensen brand XT?"
Up until a year ago I had finally come across an amazing zirconia that was not from Jensen. I thought it was the Holy Grail of zirconia. I used it in my milling center pumping out 200+ units a day. then I got my hands on the Jensen XT Zirconia. This XT Zirconia changed my world and the more people I show and share it with are changing their world as well. Excellent strength, excellent aesthetics (yes spelled correctly with an "a" at the beginning) and an excellent price point. There is no comparison of XT to HT, HT is opaque compared to XT. XT is what true Full Contour Zirconia should be and look like, IMO. Lava Plus is a nice material but XT is even nicer. Give it a try or anyone can message me and send me a file and I will mill you a sample unit for you to finish yourself. XT is one product that won't "bite you in the ass."

user name

user name

Reaction score
I appreciate your input, but I will correct you on spelling.
Aesthetics

If there is something that is artistic or looks appealing to our senses, we are quick to use the word aesthetic that concerns itself with outer beauty or appearance, and appreciates the beauty of an object or the taste of a person. Aesthetics is also a field of philosophy that is related with a sense of beauty, especially appreciation of beauty in nature and art. The word has been derived from a Greek word Aisthetikos, which means ‘sensory’ or ‘sensitive.’ The word is used to describe a sense of beauty by most of the Europeans and the entire commonwealth.

Esthetics

In American countries, the spelling of aesthetics has been changed in much the same way as has been done for words like color, especially words that contain ae and oe in British English. Thus, aesthetic becomes esthetic that makes more sense for the Americans. Similarly, archaeology becomes archaeology to make it simpler and easier.

Esthetics is also a word specifically used for the cosmetic industry that is devoted to beauty and appreciation of human beauty. All beauty treatments, which work to make women more appealing and beautiful, classify under esthetics. For example, waxing, shaping of eyebrow, aromatherapy, facial treatments and plastic surgery to improve upon what one has got since birth, all classify under esthetics.

Im just picky. Thank you for the info and opinions.

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
Aesthetics

If there is something that is artistic or looks appealing to our senses, we are quick to use the word aesthetic that concerns itself with outer beauty or appearance, and appreciates the beauty of an object or the taste of a person. Aesthetics is also a field of philosophy that is related with a sense of beauty, especially appreciation of beauty in nature and art. The word has been derived from a Greek word Aisthetikos, which means ‘sensory’ or ‘sensitive.’ The word is used to describe a sense of beauty by most of the Europeans and the entire commonwealth.

Esthetics

In American countries, the spelling of aesthetics has been changed in much the same way as has been done for words like color, especially words that contain ae and oe in British English. Thus, aesthetic becomes esthetic that makes more sense for the Americans. Similarly, archaeology becomes archaeology to make it simpler and easier.

Esthetics is also a word specifically used for the cosmetic industry that is devoted to beauty and appreciation of human beauty. All beauty treatments, which work to make women more appealing and beautiful, classify under esthetics. For example, waxing, shaping of eyebrow, aromatherapy, facial treatments and plastic surgery to improve upon what one has got since birth, all classify under esthetics.

You say Tomato and I like Tomahto. Potato, Potahto... :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have heard some less than great reviews of the new small Dekema sinter oven that they are selling too.

Im not out to bash Jensen; Im very neutral and open. I just want to know. Im thinking about getting a mill, and since I dont know a lot...Im asking.

Opinions?

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
I have heard some less than great reviews of the new small Dekema sinter oven that they are selling too.

Im not out to bash Jensen; Im very neutral and open. I just want to know. Im thinking about getting a mill, and since I dont know a lot...Im asking.

Opinions?
Can I ask where the reviews are coming from on the Small Dekema (Dekema 664)? From what I understand not too many people have them.
Fortunately for me, and you, I am one of the few that has been using it on a daily basis and my Zirconia has never looked so good. As I have stated in my previous post I have worked with a lot of different sintering furnaces. The Dekema 664 is the first sintering furnace that gets me jazzed about what I am seeing in my zirconia. Since it is a smaller unit (about the size of a pressing furnace) it's capcity is not as big as other furnaces. If you plan on sintering more than 80+ units a day then it may not be a good choice. Otherwise I think its a great choice especially if you want your zirconia sintered in an optimal enviornment. It does have a friendly price tag as well, bonus!

Highest quality silicon carbide heating elements providing consistent temperatures and ensuring a long life of the elements.

No discoloration or contamination due to the quality silicon carbide heating elements

Patent Pending Thermocouple Design providing a consistent sintering environment and helping produce predictable results

Plug and Play functionality. Out of the box and sintering.

Compact design optimizes space in the lab (383 mm x 780 mm x 343 mm width x height x depth)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Can I ask where the reviews are coming from on the Small Dekema (Dekema 664)? From what I understand not too many people have them.
Fortunately for me, and you, I am one of the few that has been using it on a daily basis and my Zirconia has never looked so good. As I have stated in my previous post I have worked with a lot of different sintering furnaces. The Dekema 664 is the first sintering furnace that gets me jazzed about what I am seeing in my zirconia. Since it is a smaller unit (about the size of a pressing furnace) it's capcity is not as big as other furnaces. If you plan on sintering more than 80+ units a day then it may not be a good choice. Otherwise I think its a great choice especially if you want your zirconia sintered in an optimal enviornment. It does have a friendly price tag as well, bonus!

Highest quality silicon carbide heating elements providing consistent temperatures and ensuring a long life of the elements.

No discoloration or contamination due to the quality silicon carbide heating elements

Patent Pending Thermocouple Design providing a consistent sintering environment and helping produce predictable results

Plug and Play functionality. Out of the box and sintering.

Compact design optimizes space in the lab (383 mm x 780 mm x 343 mm width x height x depth)

Is there anyway to do a test comparing a FZC sintered in a cheap-o sintering oven and a crown done in an expensive sintering furnace?

And what coloring liquids are you using with the Jensen XT? I'm using ZirkZahn and had been getting awesome results. I recently started getting a really opaque and yellowish margin area though. Bad puck maybe?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Are you working for Jensen? Its good to hear both sides. Everyone tends to love their team; I dont have a jersey yet. My volume is small...one man show here, but my check to the milling company is just too big a bite. (also the inconsistency)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have been milling the xt and sintering in the state of the art Dekema furnace and I am very happy with the results. If you take care of your equipments and maintain them, they will last. I have electric hand pieces over 22 years old and still going strong.

Last edited:
Tad Philip

Tad Philip

Reaction score
Lava Plus coloring is very trial/error & time consuming. I have XT pucks, Incisals, Grey, A & C liquids more for sale at a great price if interest([email protected])

hammerhead

hammerhead

Reaction score
Cad,never hit anyone below the belt.Many times in the face.

If Jensen product works for u ,that's wonderfull.Doesnt work in my 5 axis.Only chipped margins and product falling out.

Tried to return to Jensen but they said no.

Only honesty.Straight poop.Tuff to get from most companys anymore.User asked a direct question,I answerd him.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Are you working for Jensen? Its good to hear both sides. Everyone tends to love their team; I dont have a jersey yet. My volume is small...one man show here, but my check to the milling company is just too big a bite. (also the inconsistency)
He sounds like a salesman. He's working for Jensen.
"Compact design optimizes space in the lab....."
Salesspeak.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Everytime I get talked into buying Jensen product it always comes back to bite me in the ass.Typically it breaks in 1 year to date.

Lava t is just the opposite.
Please start a new thread so we can help ! it appears your having all sorts of problems and there's a lot of problems solvers here.. :)

For me, there's never been a Jensen product I didn't like.. The statement "It breaks in 1 year " if your talking about Creation porcelain chipping in 1 year, your under firing your porcelain. Creation can be brittle if under fired and shades are off as well as many other porcelains... ;)

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Banghead
Aesthetics
If there is something that is artistic or looks appealing to our senses, we are quick to use the
Mye prowbbem wit dis tred s de spillin!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::mad::mad::mad:BangheadBangheadBangheadBanghead:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D;);););)

Top Bottom