Which chairside scanner???

V

velanies

Reaction score
12500 eur, it's the price ... :rolleyes:

I have more information on a pdf but it's in French ... :D

If you are interested I can send it to you ... ;)

Hello,
I am interested in. Can you send or post the french pdf?
(Je parle français, moi aussi)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
its still $20,000 converted from 15000€ - that's not going to help the market. This technology needs to be compounded and if you start seeing reliable sub $10k USD scanners, i bet we see a major shift in the next 48 months of said product release.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Sorry frenchcadman:)

What do you not like about the scanner?

Your women are fantastic;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Wow I forgot about this thread.

Thanks for the link Mr. F. Cadman..../again.

Sevan, great info on the difference between Itero and Trios.
Thanks again.

I have learned that even though new Trios scans are not accepted by Invisalign , Invisalign will accept files from any existing Invisalign customers that purchases a Trios.

They will not deny existing customers scans.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Lot of bugs Jason, and a poor hotline ....
The mesh is poor quality, exocad has not validated this camera ...
Always on the beta version and today the price is 20000 eur !
Prefer the belgium chocolates ....

:)

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
Why companies publicly release products in beta is beyond me to understand... Building hype is one thing, but hide the bugs and ugly prelim results internally.

You only get one chance to make a first impression.... excuse the pun

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We do seminars for Itero and have sold roughly 5 units, but Are now also pressing Trios.

Itero
IO scanner is large in size
Slower then Trios in image capturing
Scanner has a built in heating unit to keep tip warm for anti figgin
Itero still has to process the images and set margins before the lab get to view file for tier 2 and tier 3 labs
older version were even slower then the newer ones, they still are slow compared to Trios.
Newer units are color displayed

Trios
Smaller in over all size from Itero
Small IO scanner
Captures images ate a faster rate then Iteo, faster scanning
You have to heat the tip up prior to scanning takes about 30-60 sec. experienced scanner will only need one heating.
Images get compiled and sent directly to the 3Shape Lab. Trios is not involved in image compression much smaller then Itero
Just by a simple software upgrade they were able to make the unit operate 50% faster then first release
Color image capture
Mush easier to use

Both Unit have a learning curve, Each have their own benefits you need to try them both out before you decide.

We are a Tier 3 Itero Lab and it take 24hrs once the Dr sends the case to Itero before I get to view the scan on my end and confirm or edit the margins and request a milled model or not and choose what CAD software to have the STL files exported for. Once I ok it then it take roughly 2day before I see a model from Iteo, by then the case is designed and almost ready to go out the door. I did A trios case and it was much faster then Itero. I got the scan, ran it through model builder then designed it. I could then choose to send the STL files for model printing if I choose or finish the case and back to the Dr's office in a matter of day form the scan. But having the crown(s) designed off of the digital scan is the way to go, the LAB get the full anatomy, Itreo models are milled so the detail in the occlusion is lost 1000% unless the model is sent out to print from the lab. Trios model are always printed so you get the full details of the scan.

Hope this helps

Sevan
If our dentist go with Trios, would it be difficult to receive the scan without a 3shape scanner.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If our dentist go with Trios, would it be difficult to receive the scan without a 3shape scanner.

good question. I think you need to have the 3shape software at least to design the units. Not the scanner itself. Trios uses 3shape inbox to transfer files between dr office and lab at no charge, but there is a charge however for lab to lab on the 3shape inbox.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sevan, where the hell have your been.... Did Travis put you back on the Payroll Laugh

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The Trios makes any lab scanner redundant.

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
The Trios makes any lab scanner redundant.

Definitely getting there.
Have you done a screw retained full arch restoration from only scanbody data? Cemented?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
not yet.
someday I hope.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
..and you can scan any articulator as well.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, where the hell have your been.... Did Travis put you back on the Payroll Laugh

Lol. No charles. Been super busy with my 6month old daughter and work.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Lol. No charles. Been super busy with my 6month old daughter and work.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.
Your a good dad unlike me.
I spent a lot of weekends on my boat sailing and drinking beer on the weekends when my son was 6 months old...

X

Xydorf

Reaction score
I use the cerec omnicam and I love it. However, you dont want the lab software from sirona, so I would recommend Trios with color. It is also a very nice machine. I would probably have bought it today if it wasnt for the integration to the cbct in the future.

Regards,

Dr. John, Sweden.

Top Bottom