Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Glad I dont live there anymore... as for my family.. :(

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Bleh what a nightmare to be urped on like that... Then spend the next three weeks wondering if you have ebola.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
So I go shopping in Ebola town today and while shopping in one of the markets here, accidentally knocked a pear off the shelf. I picked it up and reset it on the shelf when some tall guy with a Russian accent came over , grabbed the pear and proceeded to give me a lecture about how unsanitary it was that I shouldn't set it back up there and he then sat it on another shelf ;-p People here are so paranoid now, geeee..... You usually see the same people putting their bare hands in the food bins grabbing a snack.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Flipper as per the original part of this thread Ebola is being cleaned up with Sodium Hypochloride at a 3% solution,or like putting a 3 part chlorox 12.5% with 10 parts water together and soaking 5 min(do not reuse solution your zipperbag would work just fine as a container.).
The CDC Protocol require following United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) protocols with a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered hospital disinfectant with a label claim for a non-enveloped virus (e.g., norovirus, rotavirus, adenovirus, poliovirus) to disinfect environmental surfaces (Your dental appliance would be such surface).
" As a precaution, selection of a disinfectant product with a higher potency than what is normally required for an enveloped virus is being recommended at this time. EPA-registered hospital disinfectants with label claims against non-enveloped viruses (e.g., norovirus, rotavirus, adenovirus, poliovirus) are broadly antiviral and capable of inactivating both enveloped and non-enveloped viruses."
CDC Interim Guidance for Environmental Infection Control in Hospitals for Ebola Virus

If you were to receive a device to be made or repaired by an Ebola patient anything that contacted the product prior to disinfection would have to be placed in hazmat bags and incinerated. Wastes contaminated or suspected to be contaminated with Ebola virus must be packaged and transported in accordance U.S. DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR, 49 C.F.R., Parts 171-180).
For anyone liking the read of 250 pages of governmental speech on the protocols:

Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Transmission

The spread of Ebola between people occurs only by direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person after symptoms have developed.[1][3] Body fluids that may contain ebolaviruses include saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine, and semen.[23]Entry points include the nose, mouth, eyes, or open wounds, cuts and abrasions.[23] Contact with objects contaminated by the virus, particularly needles and syringes may also transmit the infection.[24] The virus is able to survive on objects for a few hours in a dried state and can survive for a few days within body fluids.[23] Ebola virus may be able to persist in thesemen of survivors for up to seven weeks after recovery, which could give rise to infections via sexual intercourse.[1] Otherwise, people who have recovered are not infectious.[24] The potential for widespread infections in countries with medical systems capable of observing correct medical isolation procedures is considered low.[25] Usually when someone has symptoms, they are sufficiently unwell that they are unable to travel without assistance.[26]

from wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

user name

user name

Reaction score
The CDC has just issued an "Interim Guidance about Ebola Virus Infection for Airline Flight Crews, Cleaning Personnel, and Cargo Personnel"
The guide is heavily directed at preventing Airborne Transmission within Aircraft.

1: The CDC primary concern is Airborne Contamination
Keep the sick person separated from others as much as possible.
Provide the sick person with a surgical mask (if the sick person can tolerate wearing one) to reduce the number of droplets expelled into the air by talking, sneezing, or coughing.
Give tissues to a sick person who cannot tolerate a mask. Provide a plastic bag for disposing of used tissues.
Wear impermeable disposable gloves for direct contact with blood or other body fluids.

2: The CDC is directing cleaning crews not to use compressed air to clean aircraft.
Do not use compressed air, which might spread infectious material through the air.

I recently watched a couple news programs where a CDC spokesman said, 'yes, you need contact to become infected. Remember, we are all in contact through the air we share", and the other program he was splitting hairs trying to define the difference between airborne and airosol droplets. Seems the same to me.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The lab in China is wanting to know if they need to do any extra disinfecting on work coming from us because of our proximity to Dallas. I told them it is supposed to already have been through two disinfection protocols from the dentist and us but do not trust even this. A third time should be done. I would have never thought this would ever happen in the direction it has taken.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I would never thought this would have happened either Tom Moore, I was blindsided by how bad this could get and how quickly. Not the disease itself, but what it will do to dentistry and the health profession if this doesn't go away soon. Like I said twice before this will change dentistry forever, and labs won't be the same...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would never thought this would have happened either Tom Moore, I was blindsided by how bad this could get and how quickly. Not the disease itself, but what it will do to dentistry and the health profession if this doesn't go away soon. Like I said twice before this will change dentistry forever, and labs won't be the same...

I'm hoping you'll consider your voting habits the same way.;)

user name

user name

Reaction score
??? RKM...I didnt write that. I replied to something galfriday wrote and I posted a video. I just checked back and now my post is gone.

Ill put it up again. Thats spooky.

user name

user name

Reaction score
And yet there is more. The book by Milton William Cooper (Former U.S. Naval Intelligence Briefing Team Member),may be put on my reading list. I am incapable of Faith or belief in conspiracy; but all this stuff is just plain old WEIRD.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/95379.Behold_a_Pale_Horse

We joke about Area 51..but I digress. I have to laugh about the 'grooming' comment Hopefully this plucked chicken look is about to trend out.
Ever wonder what would happen if you changed the font when you do a web search?
Take the red pill and lets check out this rabbit hole.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ok, that was a bit strange. How about this...

Ebola Czar, Ron Klain on over-population.

I guess people are the problem...ebola will be the cure.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
when-i-get-sad-i-think-of-my-kitties-with-their-little-kitty-tongues-licking-my-cheek.jpg

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
[QUOTE="user name, post:Ill put it up again. Thats spooky.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get through all of it. He sounds logical and I cannot discredit every thing he says. If you have ever met a Warrant Officer, you know they have tolerance levels of what they can take. The ones that can't, get out rather than move up. Not that I am privy, but I can guess.