Ebola

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Yeah they have a guy here that has it and he was in contact with several others... Anyway do I use the same infection control procedures as usual to disinfect things coming in or do I need to do more? BTW I didn't see an infection control forum, if I missed it please place this there and if not there should be one :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
PukeYou dont need to worry until your eyes start bleeding..

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Well don't get me started on this subject... All the media and officials are saying that we are all safe, that they have it under control (even though the guy went to the emergency room after he started showing symptoms, told them he was from Liberia and they sent him home with antibiotics...) Just think how easy it would be for a patient to go into the dentist office, have a procedure or drop a denture off for repair while they were just starting to get the disease ;-p

G

grantoz

Reaction score
As usual the techo is the first victim .It might be good to send our repairs overseas .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Relax Flipper,

Barry said that ebola in the us was very unlikely and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor .

Alqida is decimated and ISIS is JV.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hear Lab guy wasn't feeling well the last couple of days either.

Here's a pic he tweeted to me today.

th

You don't think ?.....naw....

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Well you can see where this is all heading, it will mean we have to throw all our trash in the biohazard bags and pay a huge fee to have the trash taken, then the state will want to charge us an extra fee for something and then there will be and extra infection control credit added to our cdt along with an extra charge for something, the people selling us the cavicide will have to boost their prices because it's ebola, dentists won't want to touch the stuff so we will get repairs in little prepackaged sandwich bags...Beer

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is where an intra oal scan file could be sent to you and you would just print off another denture and never have any contact with the patient or their infected denture.

On the upside, at least hollywood will have some new material to work with.

This guy could play Obola

2005_0308_urkel.jpg

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I thought about that and it would seem if this is the case, my career is nearly over. I'm not getting into the digital in my own lab, I would work for someone else if that were the case. Never saw the end coming like this.....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Agreed, wiping out half your competition could be good for business.Vollkommenauf

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe the dude that jumped the White House fence and was found in the green room didn't wash his hands.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Just reported on the news here that a kid in our town has enterovirus-D68 and has a paralyzed arm. This stuff is going around and is related to polio, you all need to be very careful about disinfecting everything coming in.
They are also saying the guy who has ebola here may have come into contact with over 100 people and he urped all over his apartment building.....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
RUSH: I'll tell you what I think we need to do. Following the president's lead, we need to begin immediately in wiping out "Eboly" in all "57 states." It's time to get serious about it.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We treat every case that comes in the door like the patient has Aids, Ebola, TB, and Hepatitis!

Last edited: