Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 230
Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
looks like a bad Z-axis step. Did you check it out in the simulation and see if it's there?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
The strategy may not have loaded correctly.

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Calibration ...? or, I know this is an odd one but I've seen some where the wrong tool was placed in the wrong spot. I know unlikely, but something to rule out.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Yes, calibration usually would help this issue. But I would first check the simulation of that crown in Sum3d. If it looks good in there, then the calibration is the issue. If the simulation looks like the crown milled, the strategy isn't right.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Calibration ...? or, I know this is an odd one but I've seen some where the wrong tool was placed in the wrong spot. I know unlikely, but something to rule out.
seen that pretty often with new techs.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It seems that the two sides don't line up...I'd say to calibrate then mill the same crown...see what happens. Make sure that the mill is super clean before you calibrate...dust build-ups could interfere with the process. ..

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Notice how the blend is much better on left side? Yep, I'd say it's likely calibration or possibly (but less likely) loose fixturing or disc holding. Looks like toolpath calculation tolerance could be tightened up as well which would produce much better finish and sharper margins.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I re-milled the file to see if i could recreate the result before calibration. I did have to recalculate the tool path, but this one came out fine. I recalibrate every Monday and keep the mill very clean ( its a new mill). We see allot of these "lines" but they are usually so small that we just smooth them out. they seem to be getting worse.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Occasionally, you can do a factory rotary axis check. You just go about it like you are doing a normal rotary check, but hold the right shift button when hitting start. There will be a different looking popup and it'll get a bit more detailed. I was getting some crazy z axis lines a bit back and that helped. Also, once a week, we clean the calibration holes with alcohol to get any excess residue out. I love that mill, but it really doesn't like to be dirty.

CAD-CAM Jedi

CAD-CAM Jedi

Reaction score
If I were you, I would first check strategy, check and make sure proper tools are in proper slots, and then make sure you tighten your collet. Especially if there has been over 200 hrs of mill time since your last tightening. Then re-mill and compare results.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Wrong.

His CNC mill is a turd. That's all.

The 180 flip was not 180 degrees.

Has NOTHING to do with the strategy at all.

Milling from top-side and from the bottom-side does not align like it should.

Reason? Roland has no encoders for that axis....and the mechnism is junk.

Mill has no idea if it actually preformed the 180 rotation or not....(Which it did not in this case.)

Has nothing to do with the collet as well.

110% sure of this.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like you got your answer..

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Check out the photo.
Dwx-50
Sum 3d
Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Are all milling results like this from dwx-50? I mean bumpy surface strutcure, not that step level...it must be CAM or machine mistake.
If its peak result of full anatomy then I am dissapointed :/

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Call support, they can fix you up.

Top Bottom