Chipping!

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
What the hell is this! My Imes icore machine is only 6 months old and i am using their burs! The burs are new and they cut only 26 crowns! What do you think? :(

Attachments

• photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 144
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
What the hell is this! My Imes icore machine is only 6 months old and i am using their burs! The burs are new and they cut only 26 crowns! What do you think? :(
Could be a bur problem. But looks more like a CNC issue. However, when I was working in a lab that brought in a Brand New Imes Icore 340i. We were chipping and destroying framework left and right, right outa the box. The last thing we changed was getting rid of the burs that came with the mill and using a new set from sagemax. Problem was solved after this.
Good luck!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ouch. this, could be a lot of things.

1. stability. ensure your machine isnt wiggling or wobbling on a teetery desk. solidify its foundation.

2. power line faults. get a UPS with line conditioner built in. about 1000va (way overkill) if you suffer blackouts or brownouts or live in tornado alley.

3. calibrate. often.

4. ensure the material is clamped down properly. clean the clamping mechanism between milling units.

5. adjust the spindle speed and air pressure. ensure they are correct values for zirconia. too high air pressure can cause chipping. too low can create additional problems with waste material removal.

i keep telling people theres a year. everytime. a year. 12 months of growing pains. don't matter what you bought. it takes a year to get to know, troubleshoot, and adjust your machine.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
brass clamping mechanisms are the absolute worst. they bind on steel, so often they will feel like they were tight but in fact were miles off.

in any case, clean that area and make sure it is free of zirconia residue. any of it in there will hinder you from successfully clamping the material.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
what CAM are you using? Looks likes its cutting way too rough.. too fast.. Who made the strategy?

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
I would suggest to mill a test coping from the control software (all sides should be 0.5mm)

- If the test copings are fine it's most likely a CAM issue (check federates, step increments etc).
- If the test copings are not OK it's most likely a machine issue (make sure the machine is leveled and all axis's calibrated)

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
what CAM are you using? Looks likes its cutting way too rough.. too fast.. Who made the strategy?
Imes Icore 450i, It was perfect in the beginning. Do you think there is a problem in the strategy? I have a new technician who is handling it, what could be wrong with the strategy that its milling too fast?

R

Rune

Reaction score
Use original imes blank and imes tools and imes stratgies, and give imes in germany a call. I have a 450i with changer, and have had some initial problems.
They will first ask you to mill calibration copings and then they calibrate it for you.
Order a 20mm pu blank to mill calibration copings from.
I don't think anyone in this forum will be able to solve this for you, but Imes will.
The guys at imes have given me supreme support when i have had any problems with the cam or the cnc.
Hope you get rid of the "bug" fast, it's sooooo annoying.

Have a nice day!!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Imes Icore 450i, It was perfect in the beginning. Do you think there is a problem in the strategy? I have a new technician who is handling it, what could be wrong with the strategy that its milling too fast?
several ways

1. he might be using the wrong strategy.
2. the spindle speed may be set incorrectly
3. the feed speed may be set incorrectly
4. (unlikely) the microcontroller has not been calibrated

if you had been getting good results initially, revise this person's workflow and ensure it is correct. could boil down to user error.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Hi Mona,

Run the machine with a tool and see if there vibration on the tool ...
Apply a thin metal rod on the tool when it turns to feel the vibrations ....

If you have vibrations, try to change the "clamping claw" (?) not sure of translate , one pic ,

06158,1_g.jpg

I had this problem after 6 months of use ....

good luck ! ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this item for your reference is called the Collet

Mona Lobsey

Mona Lobsey

Reaction score
I would suggest to mill a test coping from the control software (all sides should be 0.5mm)

- If the test copings are fine it's most likely a CAM issue (check federates, step increments etc).
- If the test copings are not OK it's most likely a machine issue (make sure the machine is leveled and all axis's calibrated)
I
Hi Mona,

Run the machine with a tool and see if there vibration on the tool ...
Apply a thin metal rod on the tool when it turns to feel the vibrations ....

If you have vibrations, try to change the "clamping claw" (?) not sure of translate , one pic ,

06158,1_g.jpg

I had this problem after 6 months of use ....

good luck ! ;)

Thanks! Yes THAT IS THE PROBLEM! I cleaned the Collet and everything is perfect again! I live and learn about this machine but obviously i will get lot of heart attacks till then! :oops:

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I

Thanks! Yes THAT IS THE PROBLEM! I cleaned the Collet and everything is perfect again! I live and learn about this machine but obviously i will get lot of heart attacks till then! :oops:

YES !!! :)

Happy for you dear mona , that's wonderful !

357521.gif

A

aqdental

Reaction score
Hi FCM
what "rince" means?
Chi piscia contro vento si ? i denti .
ciao

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Hi aqdental !

For exemple to explain you,

The French President tried to pisse contre le vent ! Laugh

Capture02.jpg

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
everything that holds anything has to be cleaned constantly

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
When chipping starts to be noticeable it is usually a bad tool.
Would you suggest to change all tools at once or the one that does the roughing, the bigger size. And keep the rest? Thank you

Top Bottom