Dual Flash Pics !!!!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I have one of those for the microscope, I need to find where and what the sensor is.

Al. I was told it could be on the reflecting mirror, possibly on the ccd, more likely on the external lense, or the internal lense especially if you switch lenses from time to time.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
dust or no dust
you posted some fantastic work

we have a EOS 10 D- dirt on the sensors is known problem with cannons

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with scrutiny or over inspecting his work. It just takes an educated eye to see the defect, which in no way is slamming his photos. In fact, I just wanted him to notice it so they can be even more perfect.

An easy clean at the photo shop.
I use an Olympus E300 which has a shaking mechanism which helps to keep dust off the sensor. Nice feature..

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with scrutiny or over inspecting his work. It just takes an educated eye to see the defect, which in no way is slamming his photos. In fact, I just wanted him to notice it so they can be even more perfect.

An easy clean at the photo shop.
I use an Olympus E300 which has a shaking mechanism which helps to keep dust off the sensor. Nice feature..

Tom, my mistake my eyes aren't as educated as yours. But dude chillout, just yanking your chain. Guess some have educated eyes and and others have tact. Peace

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
nice to see you too dmonwaxa...fo

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
nice to see you too dmonwaxa...fo

I would say be nice but your last statement shows what an educated gentleman you are, one who uses such eloquent acronyms. I could say "FO" to you also but that would elevate me to your educated level, so I'd rather not. I said peace and I meant that. Point being, I believe this board is here to help, not slam. It's great to have a critical eye (i'm sorry "educated") and am sure someone as experienced as yourself has a wealth of knowledge to share. But as the say if you willing to identify a problem be able to offer a solution.

D

dental1975

Reaction score
boy those dies look long any problem with movement? is that a good system?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
While taking lab photos today, I noticed the contoversal black spots. It was evident when using the "A" setting. (aperature control) however when I switched to macro mode there were no spots to be seen. does this contradict the dust on the mirror, lense ,ccd ,,,etc. Or is this some strange phenomenon? Will post pics later. Getting ready for the fight.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al.

I did some digging and some experimenting. Spots sometimes appear on the sensor and sometimes they dont. Depends on the settings of the shutter. Look at photos of the same object photographed where one has spots and the other dont, then look at the exif data the settings are probably different. The smaller the aperature the more resolved the spots. I experimented and found when I used a higher f-stop setting(f/36) there were spots; and when I used lower f-stop setting(f/5.6) there were no discernable spots. Mind bogling, I know. I think I learned something from this though. Hope this helps.

A

AshBroughton

Reaction score
AL,
You got the ooohhhhhh pretty from me when I opened this post. Cheers mate absolutely incredible work.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Pfms or Emax?- doesnt really matter i was just wondering.
the case is just amazing
the work that you produce is an inspiration to all of us
thank you

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hi Greg, that is a 4 unit bridge one pontic, pfm, inline porc.

It was really an easy build.

This guy has worn the heck out of his teeth the cuspid has no room for incisal.

I just built dentin B3 body only first but with a cervical dark porc at the gin and interproximal. Like 3/4 size but I over built the incisal edge so the dentin would be in occ.

Fired

Then I built a ring of clear around the dentin and carryed a small layer down over 1/2 of the facial, feathering it in.

Fired

Stained the facial and fired at a low temp to set the stain.

Then I layered the incisal or really wrapped it around the dentin because the incisal edge was already equilibrated.
To compinsate for shrinkage of the incisal edges I added small amounts of OE4 (opal incisal, which is a white incisal) on the very edges and during finishing made sure not to round the edges.

Fired

Last bake was for touch ups and to close the interproximals. I used a razor to keep my seperation in the build because it is too close to cut with a diamond disk.
And where needed at the cervical I added cervical incisal orange to try to give trans but keep croma.

I spent more time on building the contours with a brush so all the contours using stones and diamonds would be minimal.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Al I have really learnt a lot from your work i love your posts and want to say thanks

Chris

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Al, I know a lot of people have given you praise and I to want to take a second to commend you. Not only for your fine work/photography but your willingness to share your techniques.

Its this selfishness that really makes me proud to be your colleague.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al. Great work as always, any one can make chicklets, but it takes a true artist to accomplish what you did here. Ditto on what John said. You work is an inspirition, and challenges us all to do better, Keep it up and "Thanks for sharing."

Didnt look at pics really close, but did you make the adjustments I pm'd you about?