Dual Flash Pics !!!!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al.

I did some digging and some experimenting. Spots sometimes appear on the sensor and sometimes they dont. Depends on the settings of the shutter. Look at photos of the same object photographed where one has spots and the other dont, then look at the exif data the settings are probably different. The smaller the aperature the more resolved the spots. I experimented and found when I used a higher f-stop setting(f/36) there were spots; and when I used lower f-stop setting(f/5.6) there were no discernable spots. Mind bogling, I know. I think I learned something from this though. Hope this helps.

Yeah sometimes I notice I have a spot that disapears.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
boy those dies look long any problem with movement? is that a good system?

They are double length from pinned dies because the bottom half of the dies are acually the base.

I have not seen movement but sometimes if stuff gets on the base or on the underside of the dies it can keep them from seating 100% and has to be blown off.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, I know a lot of people have given you praise and I to want to take a second to commend you. Not only for your fine work/photography but your willingness to share your techniques.

Its this selfishness that really makes me proud to be your colleague.

Thanks John.

Do you remember this case, You made the temps for me.
I just got the final pics back. It looks like it came out pretty nice.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in20.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in21.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in22.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in23.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in24.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in25.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in26.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in27.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in28.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in29.jpg

The linguals and occlusals are pressed and stained, facials layered.
The 2 crowns for the biologicaly shaped preps are pressed full contour and stained.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in30.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in20.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in21.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in22.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in23.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in24.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in25.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in26.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in27.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in28.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in29.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_in30.jpg

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Al what is the best way to create a halo
best wishes chris

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Very nice case Al.

a couple of q's, what shade was this and are they LT or HT? and did you do a cut back technique on the facials or fully layer to the cervical?

keep getting caught out with the HT's at the min due to the greying out probs. The HT's maybe ok on bigger cases like this but on isolated anterior work im seeing very little use for them.

You got hold of the new opal ingots yet?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al what is the best way to create a halo
best wishes chris

Chris, Im ok at halos, not great, but Im getting better with practice.

You need to experiment with the different trans porc in your kit.

I build dentin to the correct contour then cut back irregular, not straight across, then frame the cut back with a more trans porc. You can start with neutral, dont use clear it is to drastic.
For pfms I like a mix of OE1 50% Tran Blue 25% Neutral 25%,

I fill in the cuts and sly extend it and mabey carry it down the distal then lay reg incisal over it.

But then really the halo comes from the incisal edge. A small layer of IE (Incisal Edge) or just Dentin porc if you dont have an Incisal edge porc. applied on the very incisal edge frames your translucent incisal.

The problem comes if you miss judge your shrinkage and you need to add on the edge length. Too much edge porc looks bad and you cant add incisal over the edge so you have to grind some off and add.
Or you can just add the edge porc after your 1st bake.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_059.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_064.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_016_4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_005_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_059.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_064.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_016_4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_005_1.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Very nice case Al.

a couple of q's, what shade was this and are they LT or HT? and did you do a cut back technique on the facials or fully layer to the cervical?

keep getting caught out with the HT's at the min due to the greying out probs. The HT's maybe ok on bigger cases like this but on isolated anterior work im seeing very little use for them.

You got hold of the new opal ingots yet?

I hardly use HT ingots. For that case above they wanted A1 final.
I used BL4 and layered the entire facial.

For venners I press thin at .4 + - and layer the entire venner. Its a pain but I get the best results that way closer to felspathic venners.
I give a negative contour at the gin if I can and for my wash bake I add one of the Cervical Trans porcs to give some color at the gin. Especially I use it interproximal to give seperation between the teeth.
I used Cervical Trans Orange on the case above. Mostly on the interproximal but I wish I had carried it across the facial gin.

I found LT can lack chroma at the gin 1/3 esp if you layer incisal there so I have been adding a bit of dentin or often the cervical trans.

No I dont have any of the Opal ingots are they out yet?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Case looks great Al, the tissue looks pretty happy as well,

Great work Al!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
thanks, a full layer is alot of work your right.

Wax injecting and doing a small incisal cut back and micro layering is much easier and more productive.

Im getting some nice results with that technique, have quite a few big cases on the go at the min so ill get some pics up soon.

Not sure if the opal ingots are out yet, must be any time.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
This was a tough implant case but I think it came out nice.

I find it helpful for me on cases like this when I build the teeth forms to rough build the roots also. It helps with the contours when I build the tissue porc.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q_1.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q1_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q2_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q3_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q5_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q6_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q7_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q8.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q9.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q11.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q12.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q13.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q14.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q15.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q1_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q2_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q3_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q5_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q6_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q7_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q8.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q10.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q11.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q12.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q13.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q14.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_q15.jpg

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Al, once agian you have provided us with the WOW factor
case looks great
thanks
Greg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al. all I can say is WOW!!!!!! well done my friend.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
very very nice result,is this inline your using?

Your getting a real nice depth to the translucency there, are you firing with the regular perameters and what depth of incisal you using al?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
very very nice result,is this inline your using?

Your getting a real nice depth to the translucency there, are you firing with the regular perameters and what depth of incisal you using al?

Hi Paul, I used In line.

I really like the mix 50% OE1 25% Incisal Neutral 25% Trans Blue for PFms.
I use it to frame my dentin cut back and take it down the distal line angles and mabey slightly around the mesial edge. Then I layer a bit of regular incisal over it. The dentin cutback really comes through nicely but not to strong, looking like mammalons with out using mammalon porc.

I like to use cervical trans orange to add trans and chroma at the cervical area.

I really like OE1 to add trans on facials. It dosent lower the value like neutral does and it is not as reflective as regular incisal can be.

For the tissue I used gin 3 for the bead aroung the teeth going into the papilla, I blended it down. To attempt to get the blanching or the thin tissue look around the roots I used 50% G3 50% OE4. Trying to get the look where the tissue is thin and you can see the bone through it.
Below that I used G4 and carried it up between the roots and put it on here and there for a contrast of darker and lighter.
I think I did not add enough between and It has a bit too much root form on the gingival area either that or I have too much tissue over the roots.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Al. in the heat of battle, and when dealing with deadlines its easy to overlook those little things. Its often when reviewing photos they pop out at you. Still excellently done.

G

gonecrazy

Reaction score
Go to DPReview and search how to clean sensor. Not to tough !

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Thanks al, Yeah im rarely using TN now, it greys out most of the time. The opalescence to reflect some light really helps.

Again, really nice work

Im off to your side of the pond to IDEA at the end of JAN for a course with Oliver Brix so will pick up some good tips there hopefully.

D

DeVreugd

Reaction score
Thanks al, Yeah im rarely using TN now, it greys out most of the time. The opalescence to reflect some light really helps.

Again, really nice work

Im off to your side of the pond to IDEA at the end of JAN for a course with Oliver Brix so will pick up some good tips there hopefully.

Al, great job!

Paul, See you there.... should be a great Course!

Russ