Makes no sense.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a case to do a screw retained #8 that will require a slightly angled screw channel. Straumann RC.

I spoke with the company, and they said I can box up my models, send it to them. They will supply a vario-base, and the 'AS' (angled screw) and driver, as well as designing and milling crown.

I don't want the crown. "just send me the vario-base, screw and driver. Ill design my own crown".

NO. ? I explained that I don't need their crown, but they say the abutment and screw aren't cataloged items available for purchase. I must buy the crown. ?!?

I said to just bill me for the crown then, but send me the screw, abut and driver.

They still said no.

WTF?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just bill the dds for it like you were going to do with them billing you for the crown and not sending it.
Then send the dds the crown they send and yours with a note:
"Strauman thinks this looks good"

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just got a call back from management. he said the variobase and angled screw/driver hasn't passed FDA yet, so no availability to even sell in the U.S. yet. Ive seen their ads in the magazines. What the heck. He did say that there are 3rd party suppliers I could go through, but wouldn't name any.

Stinkers.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
That the big boys for you. At least Nobel let you design it, and they mill it. I get the last part.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Monkey w/ a tourch

Monkey w/ a tourch

Reaction score
Straumann

Mike-breaking-bad.gif

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just got a call back from management. he said the variobase and angled screw/driver hasn't passed FDA yet, so no availability to even sell in the U.S. yet. Ive seen their ads in the magazines. What the heck. He did say that there are 3rd party suppliers I could go through, but wouldn't name any.

Stinkers.
You mean a marketing department *lied*? Maybe they're about to be bought by Dentsply...

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Our industry is just like the tech industry(I used to be in that business for 15 years) where they would market future products today even though they would not be out for 6 months to a year or at all. Then you would have sales reps tell you what you want to hear without knowing what is really going on. So much for honesty, integrity, and legitimacy.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score

Stinkers.
You can try Dynamic Abutment, was via Talladium but think it's available in the US now.
Also, in exocad, providing you use the thin shaft long driver from Straumann, you can tip the angle lingually for the screw channel 9-12° and be fine. Thick screw driver shafts leave you helpless. Hope this helps you!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
You can try Dynamic Abutment, was via Talladium but think it's available in the US now.
Also, in exocad, providing you use the thin shaft long driver from Straumann, you can tip the angle lingually for the screw channel 9-12° and be fine. Thick screw driver shafts leave you helpless. Hope this helps you!

That's with the VarioBase btw...

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I mentioned the long shafted Straumann driver in the past. Works with ASC also.

user name

user name

Reaction score

I have both the short and long drivers from Straumann. The short micros at 7.31mm; the long at 7.35. Is there a skinny one Im missing?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
If you visited them at Chicago u could have seen there new laser mill for dds offices. You could've got a deal on there variobases also....funny part is the Dr's with CEREC pay 20-30$ less than my sale price. Call DESS, they didn't get sued and sell strauman ti bases. My 2 cents
Happy Easter to all!