Exocad Solutions

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I hear rumors that a lot of exo users are looking for solutions and not finding what they are looking for through the normal channels. I have asked here before, but I am going to ask again.....

What specifically do you need to learn that you are not able to find answers for?
There are no dumb requests here. I'm making a list.

Please post here or send me a PM.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Not to be picky, but craft beer please.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I think a digital pathway workflow using Exocad and various I/O scanners out there would be very beneficial, I'd help with that if needed.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think a digital pathway workflow using Exocad and various I/O scanners out there would be very beneficial, I'd help with that if needed.
I don't think this is something that is too far away for a turnkey solution for most IO scanners.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Is there a way to have individual path of insertion for individual teeth on bridges?
I know I could change it on 3shape but havent really seen it on exocad.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to Exocad. made the jump from 3shape and their fees and then they went and released a new scanner with no fees. Could be bad timing or a blessing. Not sure yet. Time will tell

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is there a way to have individual path of insertion for individual teeth on bridges?
I know I could change it on 3shape but havent really seen it on exocad.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to Exocad. made the jump from 3shape and their fees and then they went and released a new scanner with no fees. Could be bad timing or a blessing. Not sure yet. Time will tell

Yes there is, but I am in the middle of something. I can post later.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
By default you have one insertion path for bridges... in Expert mode you right click on the prep, then click on "Set Insertion Direction". It will bring up a window where you can set individual insertion directions, make sure the circled checkbox is left unchecked...
insertion.png

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
How to make an access screw hole on a crown over ti custom abutment in Preciso/ Exocad Sam ?. Sorry no beer but good coffee ;) or goat cheese:D

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
By default you have one insertion path for bridges... in Expert mode you right click on the prep, then click on "Set Insertion Direction". It will bring up a window where you can set individual insertion directions, make sure the circled checkbox is left unchecked...
View attachment 25266
Don't you need a 5 axis mill to mill such an individual path of insertion?.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
View attachment 25266
Also use the drop down menu to select the p.o.e. for each individual tooth by view.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Cheersnow when you search for horse pee,you'll find the exocad thread.Pcguru
...and when you search for horse excrement, why does 3Shape keep coming up in my browser? Maybe u can start with that 2th :p

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Or, when you do a search for "claymation", Exocad comes up :D

I'm just glad that 2th started this tread, and the "rumomrs of" people looking for solutions and not finding them is what kept me with 3Shape. Sure, you can laugh and joke that we need all the support we can get with that software, but the support has been excellent.

Maybe there's a little panic or concern on Exo's side, that 3Shape came up with the E Series of scanners?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Or, when you do a search for "claymation", Exocad comes up :D

I'm just glad that 2th started this tread, and the "rumomrs of" people looking for solutions and not finding them is what kept me with 3Shape. Sure, you can laugh and joke that we need all the support we can get with that software, but the support has been excellent.

Maybe there's a little panic or concern on Exo's side, that 3Shape came up with the E Series of scanners?
I don't work for exocad so I am just guessing, but I seriously doubt they are concerned about 3Shape's E Series anything.
That is 3Shape concerned with exo eating their lunch. And if you call bug extermination excellent support.......:rolleyes:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
That is 3Shape concerned with exo eating their lunch.......:rolleyes:

Good point, Agree. It has tightened up with the poll here. Maybe 2-3 years ago, it would have been heavier towards 3Shape, but not anymore.

Thank you that you could take a little of my ribbing, and my showing a little teeth...I haven't done that for a long time :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom