Exocad Solutions

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Works almost all the time for me. But I wouldn't know it if it hadn't been shown to me. Seems simple once you something. The trick is, I don't know what I want to know, cause I dont know it yet. Hind sight. Why didn't I know Banghead You don't know what you don't know.

RCKSTR rainbowed you.:D
[emoji4]

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Don't you need a 5 axis mill to mill such an individual path of insertion?.

A 4 axis mill will allow for 2 insertion directions , but remember that a screw channel if defined in your cam can be considered an insertion direction. Often times the bridge or multi insertion direction unit will reuire use a 4 axis button for proper alignment in the machine along it's rotation axis.

5 axis machining makes it easier to do especially if there are significant angles covered in the a & b rotation axes of the machine. Any change in direction of a design is going to be limited by the maximum movement the machine can travel. Most 5 axis machining templates used in dental CAM don't employ undercut tools or strategies though. That is a whole different topic and conversation.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
I think a digital pathway workflow using Exocad and various I/O scanners out there would be very beneficial, I'd help with that if needed.
Current releases of Exocad with the new User Interface and some of the older versions have access to 3m, Trios and Itero with RX import and scan import. These big three have some form of pay to play access for labs or Dr's. Some of the other popular IOS use separate transfer protocols with raw stl file usage. They prefer that you use their proprietary software to access these files. Carestream uses CS connect and Planmeca prefers usage of a DDX account. There are ways around all of these communication and file transfer options of the major players, but those will require commitment on our end to get your clinicans up to speed. For ease of use some of the IOS scanners and there connection softwares might be worth investing in.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I don't want to know how you found out what that tastes like.
Long story...but if you grow up in a rural/farm setting you'll find out sooner or later...;)

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Anyone know how to save single dies in model creator to stl file?
I want to be able to print out a single die. Not the whole model with detachable die.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Anyone know how to save single dies in model creator to stl file?
I want to be able to print out a single die. Not the whole model with detachable die.
One way would be to make a plateless model with removable die. Ditch the model STL and keep the die STL for printing.
Another would be to use the editor to cut away what you don't want from the STL of the model and use just the die portion.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
One way would be to make a plateless model with removable die. Ditch the model STL and keep the die STL for printing.
Another would be to use the editor to cut away what you don't want from the STL of the model and use just the die portion.

After clicking around for an hour trying to work out how to do it, I finally got what I needed to do. Thank you for your help 2thm8ker [emoji106]

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Uh maybe someone can help me with this one...

I have AG Exocad Version (6136). For nesting it uses rebranded exocam. I used to be able to see tool paths before milling. Now the option seems to be gone o_O.

I've tried looking into several .xml files but haven't been able to find the right one or which line needs to be added/modified. Unless they completely removed that feature :oops:

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can anyone help with Connectors in exocad?

Is there a way to say no connectors like in 3shape?

I find that that they way they are now. It doesn't give a smooth design in the interproximal

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
connectors.png

When setting up the job, make sure the dots are red instead of green.
If you need to change that later in the design, change to expert mode, right click on the connector and delete it from the design.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Great, thanks I will give it a try.

Anyone ever made a post in exocad?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Great, thanks I will give it a try.

Anyone ever made a post in exocad?
French Cadman has a good technique, but he is enjoying some sunshine and won't be around for a few days.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Can also be done with inlay as the selected restoration.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I did,
It looks ok, Just need to figure out a way to smooth the bottom of the post.

Maybe I need to do the add/remove on the prep scan?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
French Cadman has a good technique, but he is enjoying some sunshine and won't be around for a few days.

Sunshne?....certainly not in France...:D

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I did,
It looks ok, Just need to figure out a way to smooth the bottom of the post.

Maybe I need to do the add/remove on the prep scan?
You could free form the scan data, After designing you can import the post as a jaw scan in a new job and free form it that way or bring it into a new
job as a waxup 'pontic' and adapt it to the gingiva 'prep'.

Top Bottom