A

ArKa

Reaction score
Maryland bridge with 3Shape

Does anyone have a procedure for designing a zirconia maryland bridge using
the 3 Shape system?
I am currently using 2012 v. 2.7.8.8

Thanks

I did one 6 months ago no complain for now.Put veneer and library pontic on the order form.Margin drawing little tricky but you need to play with it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i use copings as the wings, just draw the margins to full lingual coverage. if you are layering porcelain on the pontic, then use Library pontic. if not, Full contour pontics will work only when you ensure the buccal embrasures do not create a food trap or black triangle. set the insertion direction not straight down (incisal to gingival) but straight OUT (lingual to buccal).

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Use removable die spacer on wing preps. Add some porcelain to wing area, fit back on model with porc. sep on area where you removed die spacer.. Fire.. recheck on model.. Now the Zirconia Maryland Bridge can be etched and bonded ;)

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Cept there is no chemical bond between the zr and the porc ...go ahead and do it. 6-12 months..tops..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
i use copings as the wings, just draw the margins to full lingual coverage. if you are layering porcelain on the pontic, then use Library pontic. if not, Full contour pontics will work only when you ensure the buccal embrasures do not create a food trap or black triangle. set the insertion direction not straight down (incisal to gingival) but straight OUT (lingual to buccal).

Same here Copings on the wings and either full crown, anatomical coping or simply library pontic. either for a wing or even inlay preps i use copings.

corona

corona

Reaction score
have you thought about using lithium disilicate instead of zirc. for maryland bridge ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
.4mm border on each wing with .08mm cement gap. Use light coating of zirliner on the surface of the wing except for the .4mm border with no cementation gap. This I in Exocad so the cementation and border settings may be a little different. I have to use inlay selection fir wings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

terry5442

Reaction score
Thanks all,
Since it is such a pain in the neck to design, and I the milling centers that I use won't mill maryland bridges (for all the obvious reasons)
we decided to do it in e-max instead.

Again, thanks to all of the suggestions.

Terry

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thanks all,
Since it is such a pain in the neck to design, and I the milling centers that I use won't mill maryland bridges (for all the obvious reasons)
we decided to do it in e-max instead.

Again, thanks to all of the suggestions.

Terry

Just so you know, Maryland bridges are a contraindication for e.max....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't design an emax maryland the same as a metal one.You should create more of an inlay than a wing.The connector design is completely different.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Ivoclar has brochure calling eMax one system for every indication.
It does say you can use for anterior bridges up to premolar, but the zirconia (Zirpress) is
indicated for inlay retained bridges; and only on zir or the ZirCAD frameworks. Which
goes back to the inability to bond to the intaglio.
If you have a retentive prep with defined enough grooves, it may still work . . .
LCM

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
:pray:

or do it out of gold and tin plate it cuz that has been proven to work well.. this other crap is still to new for me to trust. do what works or experiment like a "mad scientist".....on patients..

RKM, I press over ZR regularly now... cuz it has been PROVEN to work.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
:pray:

or do it out of gold and tin plate it cuz that has been proven to work well.. this other crap is still to new for me to trust. do what works or experiment like a "mad scientist".....on patients..

RKM, I press over ZR regularly now... cuz it has been PROVEN to work.

ironically it uses a chemical bond, identical to the ones used to layer over zr copings.

fascinating.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
ironically it uses a chemical bond, identical to the ones used to layer over zr copings.

fascinating.

ZR has a chemical bond you say?? ruh ro...

here we go again....

ZR has no oxidation, therefore no chemical bond. hence, why soo many doctors are seeing them come out of the mouth after cementation. also why ....oye.. please refer to my thread regarding the crappiness of this product. mechanical retention is NOT enough.

some day Zirconium will go away..just like belle glass, Just like Eris 2, just like..........ect. ect. ect.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"hence, why soo many doctors are seeing them come out of the mouth after cementation. "

Really? Please elaborate.