Which Intraloral Scanner Would You Recommend?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You could if you used Plasma Phase sintering, but that is still in R&D. You could do one of those beautiful new fangled composites :)

The IOS scanner is the only scanner that will allow it to happen. I thought I said that in the post, but it wasn't clear, I'm sorry.

Glidewell is not the manufacturer. They helped finance the company, but they are diffrent companies.

Imagine the electrical bill and extra labor, as you now try to bake your crowns one at a time. LOL

You think someone is going to run a new plasma gizmo for each tooth as it comes out of the mill or ?? Explain how this works in a real world environment. How could this offer a cheap crown in under an hour?

OK, Maybe a $100++ crown after you factor in cost of everything, right?

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Groovygirl,
Yes, 3shape is currently setting up distribution and it will be through distributors. As in the 3shape lab scanner, the first line of support will be the distributor. I don't see any reason why a distributor can't provide high level of support. I understand that some may not.
As far as the weight of the capturing device, I never noticed it being heavy. I scanned a full arch in about 2.5 minutes, no fatigue and I don't pump iron.
One other nice feature on the Trios, the hand held camera is connected with a simple plug. If a doc drops,it and needs a replacement they simply pull the plug on the old and replace with a new one.
I have not seen any real compelling ROI's for any IOS.
Bob

G

groovygirl

Reaction score
Bob,
Good points but I am sure you scanned on a model and not in mouth. Another reason for all to do their homework and really watch what is current and coming. One last thought, where the heck can a clinician park that thing like all the others...where in your kitchen or closet would you place your big screen tv?
As for ROIs these will change state to state as the laws are quickly changing on Staff being able to do "virtual impressions" as in Maine. This was adopted because of the chairside designing being done by assistants. Mass will be requiring soon for assistants to be registered.