What is this appliance called ???

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Hello all
Can anyone help me with the name of this appliance? Or more info?
I can see what it's for but I haven't seen it before.
Thanx

aimg207.imageshack.us_img207_8766_pulocc3.jpg
pulza8.jpg

aimg207.imageshack.us_img207_8766_pulocc3.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
:confused:"Uncomfortable" is what I call it.

I may have seen one of those used on male genetalia once.
I think the claim was 2" after two weeks of use?
Sorry I wasn't much help.

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
It's a Herbst variation.
Most likely bonded. Using acrylic instead of bands or crowns.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
@*** It does look uncomfortable and you have real vivid imagination. :)

@ Mike As I know Herbst appliance is for correction of II class malocclusion.
This one is for correcting class III, it does have telescope hinges but is pulls lower jaw backwards by compressing the springs on lower appliance, so it is not really Herbst mod because it uses different mechanics, or is it? I need a name so I can digg for more info.

L

labdude

Reaction score
I should have looked closer.
Never saw one before. Does look like a type of Herbst.
Maybe you could search for a Class 3 Herbst?? There are Class 3 Frankels and Class 3 Activators. Why not a Class 3 Herbst??

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
Yeah..I did the search for "class III" keyword variations...I also tried "reverse Herbst" but nothing.Can't remember the web page I got the pictures from, the file names are "pull.jpg" and "pulo.jpg".
Great idea for an apliance, I have to make one just to see how it works ( as soon I get back from my second vacation this year :) )
I will post pictures.
If anyone else can help with the name...
Thanx

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I was wrong :eek:
This appliance is actually Herbst class II modification
It is called "Le Propulseur Universel Light" or PUL (french)The coil spring compresses when the patient is trying to return his jaw in class II position.
I think the coil spring action can be reversed by setting it up differently, I have a good idea how to do it and now it became a challenge to design it so I will definitely try to fabricate it.
Here's more info and a web page
PUL-Ortho
awww.pul_ortho.com_images_moulagepultmasup.jpg awww.pul_ortho.com_images_moulagepultmainf.jpg awww.pul_ortho.com_images_pulinfgoutentiere.jpg awww.pul_ortho.com_images_pultmainfexpansion.jpg
awww.pul_ortho.com_images_moulagepultmasup.jpg awww.pul_ortho.com_images_moulagepultmainf.jpg awww.pul_ortho.com_images_pulinfgoutentiere.jpg awww.pul_ortho.com_images_pultmainfexpansion.jpg

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Nice work finding it Teofil.
I wonder how much the kit is??

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Looking at the pictures I thought they were putting nifty little nicks in the wire for retention in the acrylic, but then looking closer they are laser welding all the joints...how cool! That last picture looks like a "suck-down" with a biostar. What do you think?

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
PUL kit is 65 euros, that's about 84 dollars. They told me that there is a two day training course and that it is advisable for the dentist to be trained as well.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Thaks Teofil!
Where can they be ordered from?? If we can order them without the classes etc that is.
Mike.

Teofil

Teofil

Reaction score
It can be ordered from their site or by phone, here's the link
PUL-Ortho
this is the mail I got from them
Dear Nemanja
Sorry for the delay.
For information, the price for one PUL Kit is about 65 Euros for export + expedition fees
Of course you can have best prices if you order quantities.
But, to be able to manufacture the PUL, it is necessary to have two days training with JC Morin , and it will be preferable that the doctors that will use it, could attend to the clinical indications presented by Dr Callabe who will be glad to make a lecture at Belgrade if many doctors are interested by Class II treatments with the PUL.
Best regard
The PUL Team