Water Pooling in Milling Chamber

A

anthonyy

Reaction score
I have an older MCXL and have noticed that water always pools in the chamber above the Sirona grate. No issues milling with emax and it drains shortly after the cycle is completed.
However, something is affecting my milling when attempting long span telio temp bridges. I get all sorts of error messages.
Any advice with this? I do see quite a bit of calcification buildup in the push up drain plug which attaches to the water tank. I’m thinking about using some vinegar to clean it or even unscrew the drain plug completely for a thorough clean.
Please advise. Thank you.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
A good cleaning never hurts, I'd use something more potent like CLR tho...

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I have an older MCXL and have noticed that water always pools in the chamber above the Sirona grate. No issues milling with emax and it drains shortly after the cycle is completed.
However, something is affecting my milling when attempting long span telio temp bridges. I get all sorts of error messages.
Any advice with this? I do see quite a bit of calcification buildup in the push up drain plug which attaches to the water tank. I’m thinking about using some vinegar to clean it or even unscrew the drain plug completely for a thorough clean.
Please advise. Thank you.
The holding tank likely has a filter in it that is clogged. The AG mills have a fine mesh filter that gets clogged if you don't clean them regularly.

A

anthonyy

Reaction score
Thank you. I did my best cleaning it with alcohol and vinegar. I cleaned the pop up funnel with alcohol and a microfiber pushing it up and down pretty vigorously.
Milled out some crowns and veneers and it’s definitely draining faster. I always seem to have issues with bridges on the MCXL.

Top Bottom