Tooth colored clasps

PavlosPamborides

PavlosPamborides

Reaction score
What kind of tooth colored clasps do you guys use?
I know of acetate ones and a friend told me about a material which is thermoplastic. Pre-formed clasps in clear or tooth color that you heat up with a lamp to adjust. He could not remember a brand or other information...
Has anyone heard of these?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We are using DurAcetal and like it really well. Shades are not perfect but have had good luck so far....

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
i think that much better to use transparent frame (clasps) than made from acetal. No Shrinkage as in acetal, always right color!

nice ?

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
We are using DurAcetal and like it really well. Shades are not perfect but have had good luck so far....

Per Chris (co-inventor) use one shade darker than requested. A2 for A1, A3 for A2 etc

Joseph Minuk

Joseph Minuk

Reaction score
What kind of tooth colored clasps do you guys use?
I know of acetate ones and a friend told me about a material which is thermoplastic. Pre-formed clasps in clear or tooth color that you heat up with a lamp to adjust. He could not remember a brand or other information...
Has anyone heard of these?

Yes, they are available from Del Dent Dental Supply in Ontario, Canada

PavlosPamborides

PavlosPamborides

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check out Flexite.

Vazone, are you talking about flexite as well?

PavlosPamborides

PavlosPamborides

Reaction score
So what's Deflex? Can you tell me more?

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
So what's Deflex? Can you tell me more?

Yes, its high impact polyamide, i think its best thermoplast material now! we inject a lot of dentures in my lab (this month is more then 1000) from different thermo materials, so i know what i say :)
its rigid enough, easy to polish and have a stability after few years.. no color change, and not change mecanical properties. also easy to repair.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I don't know if this is of any interest I came up with this in 1995 my dad & I liked it but others I showed it to not so much. I still do it.. I have a white medical grade Polyester Medical Balloon tube that shrinks 15% @ 87*c & fits over a 1.25mm wire. I put some adhesive on the clasp slide the tube on the clasp trim it about 20%longer than the clasp tip & heat with hot air. U can see the one shiny clasp & 1 covered. The polyester can last from a month to a year. Gets some patients over the shiny clasp shock.
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_Basics_20baseplate_IMG_2034_1.jpg ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_Basics_20baseplate_th_IMG_2031.jpg
ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_Basics_20baseplate_IMG_2034_1.jpg ai1123.photobucket.com_albums_l546_Ajels_Basics_20baseplate_th_IMG_2031.jpg

Joseph Minuk

Joseph Minuk

Reaction score
There are several flexible partial materials available, I think I have tried almost all of them. I started over 25 years ago with Valplast (very difficult to finish). I have seen some cases that were done by Sun Dental Laboratory, I was very impressed with the finish, quite smooth without the little hair like fibres that seem to surface after a very short time with other materials. Any one know what material they are using??

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
There are several flexible partial materials available, I think I have tried almost all of them. I started over 25 years ago with Valplast (very difficult to finish). I have seen some cases that were done by Sun Dental Laboratory, I was very impressed with the finish, quite smooth without the little hair like fibres that seem to surface after a very short time with other materials. Any one know what material they are using??

Try deflex it's easy to finish and have a mirror gloss! Now we use also new material from vertex - thermosens it also very easy to polish up to high shine!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Can deflex and thermosens be shot with the hot shot elite gun? If so what are the temps for them?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Try deflex it's easy to finish and have a mirror gloss! Now we use also new material from vertex - thermosens it also very easy to polish up to high shine!

Is this material available in USA? Sounds interesting but I'm not in Argentina, if I can try here will it come in cartridge tha will work in my Flexpress and what will the settings be? I have some friends that I can do experiments with (don't we all?)

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Is this material available in USA? Sounds interesting but I'm not in Argentina, if I can try here will it come in cartridge tha will work in my Flexpress and what will the settings be? I have some friends that I can do experiments with (don't we all?)

I'm from Ukraine, so i think USA closer to Argentina ;)
parameters: 285C, 15 min, flask - 70C
both cartridge sizes: 22 and 25 mm

Last edited:
Top Bottom