tilite premium

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Hi, well i try to cast as soon as the ingots start to deform....the edges soften and it starts to slump, i'm wondering if i'm overheating it sometimes? But this leads me to my next question.. Are you using the multi-orifice torch again recommended by talladium?

As soon as you see it rippling on the surface......let er rip!! If you get a green oxide after opaquing, the metal is overheated.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I know Talladium says their alloys are medically pure, but does Tilite Premium contain Beryllium or Nickel?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Yes and no, its a diff form of beryllium. Yes to the Ni.

Albadent has Ti alloys w/o Be or Ni.

What's different about the beryllium in Taladium? Is it any safer?

I used an albadent Ti/np alloy, it still had beryllium in it, which version is Be free?

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
What's different about the beryllium in Taladium? Is it any safer?

I used an albadent Ti/np alloy, it still had beryllium in it, which version is Be free?

I misremembered their products, all Albadents Ti alloys have Ni

Comandium® II looks to be Be free,

I haven't tried their alloys yet, how'd they work for you? Comparable to TiLite?

the Be in TiLite is 'Intermetallic Beryllide'. Beryllide IS different than elemental Be but I'd have to go grab my chem book from college to see what the -ide suffix means. aww crap, I'm not sure. have to get back to ya on the whole Be thing

Last edited:
A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I think both the talladium and albdent alloys come with warnings about breathing in beryllium dust, I've used both alloys, the talladium had a nicer oxide colour. Since having a baby I don't want to go home covered in Be dust and don't use the any more.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I think both the talladium and albdent alloys come with warnings about breathing in beryllium dust, I've used both alloys, the talladium had a nicer oxide colour but the Albadent is half the price. Since having a baby I don't want to go home covered in Be dust and don't use the any more.