The NEW Versamill® AX314DW

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
The NEW Versamill® AX314DW

The AX314DW is a desktop milling machine specialized for soft & hard materials. Small and compact, but fast and accurate. The extremely stable construction of the AX314DW enables the efficient dry-machining of dental restorations. Optimized to delicately mill with thin, clean margins, the prostheses that require sophisticated techniques such as facial, undercut, inlay, and veneer can be milled precisely—without chipping.

This high precision dental mill includes a multitude of features. At the heart of the Versamill AX314DW lies a high-torque, 0.5 kW maximum spindle equipped with ceramic hybrid bearings. These bearings serve a dual purpose: they not only reduce margin thickness but also extend the spindle's lifespan. By minimizing deflection and safeguarding against contamination from cutting chips and coolant, these bearings ensure unparalleled durability in every restoration.

The incorporation of a C-Clamp fixture further underscores the commitment to excellence embodied by the Versamill AX314DW. This fixture offers unlimited access to critical facial features, allowing dental technicians to achieve the highest levels of aesthetics without the constraints of undercuts or typical manufacturing limitations. With this innovative design, practitioners can rest assured that each restoration will be executed with unmatched accuracy and attention to detail.

However, precision alone is not enough to satisfy the demands of modern dentistry. The Versamill AX314DW goes above and beyond by prioritizing strength and rigidity, essential qualities for efficient restoration processing. Thanks to its robust construction, this milling machine can effortlessly handle the most challenging tasks while yielding the thinnest and cleanest of restorative margins.

Make the switch today!
https://cutt.ly/AxsysBlog_Ax314DW

Continue reading...

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
The above post is not correct...and I am not pleased!

It's my own fault. That's what I get for giving my login credentials to marketing to post this for me. I likely gave bad information. It will be removed.

This BIG news is thes should have been referring to the ax305D. More on this to follow.

Whatever, so what is not correct?

Well, this machine has a 1.4kW spindle (actually 1.37kW max) NOT a .5 kW spindle

It is a wet or dry machine, has a granite base, uses 6.0mm tooling, closed loop servo drives (absolute encoders) AND utilizes, get this, 20mm dia ballscrews with linear guides.

This machine was developed in collaboration with Axsys and our team of experts. It is a MONSTER and blows away anyting I have seen on the market, especially at a price of only $39,900 (machine). Includes: starter tooling, C-clamp, premill & LiSi fixtures.

You can see it at Labday Chicago.

Check it out: https://www.axsysdental.com/Versamill 3Series.html#ax314dw

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
How would this mill be at milling titanium bars? What lifespan can we expect on the spindle if we're doing so?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
How would this mill be at milling titanium bars? What lifespan can we expect on the spindle if we're doing so?
I apologize for the delay in responding. I have been (and still am) out with a nasty case of the flu.
Actually, titanium is not all that tough to machine, it gets gummy but does not pose a significant load on this spindle nor the drives which are driven by high torque servo motors am 20mm ball screws.

The S1 rating (full time) indicates it can handle the load. So let's say 1.5 -iish hours per bar (some longer or shorter). For easy math and a fudge factor (I always want to use one) I Lets say 2 hours per bar (way safe)., That's 1,000 bars and your at the spindles 2000 hour warranty.

I'm not saying you can get more, but this machine is a beast and we love it so given the load chats for titanium, with proper templates (like ours of course- our Axsys advantage, fresh tooling, and proper machine maintenance, I wouldn't be surprised.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I apologize for the delay in responding. I have been (and still am) out with a nasty case of the flu.
Actually, titanium is not all that tough to machine, it gets gummy but does not pose a significant load on this spindle nor the drives which are driven by high torque servo motors am 20mm ball screws.

The S1 rating (full time) indicates it can handle the load. So let's say 1.5 -iish hours per bar (some longer or shorter). For easy math and a fudge factor (I always want to use one) I Lets say 2 hours per bar (way safe)., That's 1,000 bars and your at the spindles 2000 hour warranty.

I'm not saying you can get more, but this machine is a beast and we love it so given the load chats for titanium, with proper templates (like ours of course- our Axsys advantage, fresh tooling, and proper machine maintenance, I wouldn't be surprised.
I just received a quote for this mill and have been working with Tony Aliatim (awesome guy!). Super excited!

I was just curious because some of the bigger mills like the Imes Icore Pro+ and Versamill Speed 7 boast a higher KW spindle, but this is the mill I can fit in my lab and the Imes is much more expensive.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I just received a quote for this mill and have been working with Tony Aliatim (awesome guy!). Super excited!

I was just curious because some of the bigger mills like the Imes Icore Pro+ and Versamill Speed 7 boast a higher KW spindle, but this is the mill I can fit in my lab and the Imes is much more expensive.
Tony is great.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos on Tony. He is a gem (he used to be one of our top Application Engineers). We decided to give him a frontal lobatamy and move him into sales LOL.Laugh
You are gonna love this machine!

M

mmbh

Reaction score
JonnyLathe, Just keep in mind, when you get a versamill it won't be long until you want another one...

Last edited:
JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
JonnyLathe, Just keep in mind, when you get a versamill it won't be long until you want another one...
I've already got my eye on one for just milling zirconia. I have a sickness!

M

mmbh

Reaction score
This AX314DW looks great .I have two 5x400's. They are good and reliable mills. I got them before this new series came out. My next one will probably be the AX 726DW PRO.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
This AX314DW looks great .I have two 5x400's. They are good and reliable mills. I got them before this new series came out. My next one will probably be the AX 726DW PRO.
The 726 looks freaking amazing. I would've gone for that if I had space in the lab.

I

implantguy21

Reaction score
The 726 looks freaking amazing. I would've gone for that if I had space in the lab.
Just like someone said above. Once you have one, you will crave more. I started with a 5x450 about 2 years ago. Just got the 7Pro and the new ChairMaxx. I am already thinking about getting a 3 series. These machines are absolute work horses. Not only is that great, but the support is amazing.

Top Bottom