Techs Needed...

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I am currently looking to fill a few positions here at the lab. I am looking for 1 or two experienced metal people, and 1 or 2 Ceramists as well. Ill give you a quick rundown.

I have the largest dental lab in RI, and one of the top 5 labs (size and volume) in Southern New England. We have a pretty expensive client list, and are known for our Implant work and digital relationships. We are, however, a full service (no ortho) laboratory, with a busy workload. Our workflow is shifting rapidly towards all ceramic restorations, but we still do a fair amount of pfm work, as well as quite a few overdenture restorations, hybrids, and copy mill cases.

Currently, I am short staffed in C&B, where the duties include metal finishing, abutment prep, bar OD design/finishing, and some light waxing. Attachment knowledge is a bonus, but can be taught with time.

Ceramics is also a place where I am lacking. I am looking for people with a head on their shoulders, who understand what the demands are of a commercial laboratory striving to do quality work. I am not looking for a boutique ceramist who has trouble with 3-4 units of work a day. We currently work with eMax, Creation (both for pfm and ZR),and I have some GC One Body for select posterior work. We mill and press in house, so design concerns are addressed, and I try to simplify workloads as much as possible. You should be able to handle 10-12 units of work per day, ranging from building pfms to S&G eMax.

All salaries are negotiable based on experience and abilities, I offer full benefit packages as well as 401k and profit sharing plans.

Feel free to message me here, or email [email protected] for more info or to send a resume.

Thanks.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I hope you are successful at finding some help, it is hard to find help let alone good help.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I hope you are successful at finding some help, it is hard to find help let alone good help.

Agree. Good luck, I hope you find some hard working, trustworthy, very bright folks...

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I hope you find a good and dedicated techs Ryan, good luck, regards to Rich and Chris.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Thanks guys, as you all know, its a battle every day...

And I just got off the phone after a doctor yelled and complained to me for over 10 minutes on how my materials are totally inferior, because the acrylic partial he delivered melted when the patient was eating soup...

wait for it.... yes, read that again.....

FML.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Did his partial fall into the soup before he nuked it? Wtf?

ottawa

ottawa

Reaction score
the patient left with the wax try-in? lol

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
^^ We have a Winner! ^^

He gave him the wax try in as a Final.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Let me guess.....that doc is donating his brain to science.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Oh my GOD, I hope the doc is not from RI, as a Rhode Islander I would be severly embarrassed and for a long time!!!!

This is reminds me of a doc who did not return an 8 unit bisque bake try-in and was copmlaining that the lingual metal bands were not highly polished (he cemented the bridge permanently)

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Lol can I join the FML club? Apparently after 3 weeks of training our new cad/cam scanner he doesn't know how to make sure a bite is right or what dies go in what spots. Amazing how people can go from knocking 80 units out one day with no problems to forgetting everything they know the next day. Surprised he can remember how to wipe his butt.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Lol can I join the FML club? Apparently after 3 weeks of training our new cad/cam scanner he doesn't know how to make sure a bite is right or what dies go in what spots. Amazing how people can go from knocking 80 units out one day with no problems to forgetting everything they know the next day. Surprised he can remember how to wipe his butt.

Short term memory problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
This is reminds me of a doc who did not return an 8 unit bisque bake try-in and was copmlaining that the lingual metal bands were not highly polished (he cemented the bridge permanently)[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha...That's nothing. One of my best accounts cemented backward a crown.

R

rubydo

Reaction score
Or the Dentist who dropped a two wing Maryland down a patients throat........three days later "OUCH"

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Some days I wonder who the professional is in these relationships... What a freakin week I'm having!