teaching programs?

R

rebeccaterp

Reaction score
I am beginning to hire for the expanded location and have considered purchasing a teaching kit. I remember using the PTC Dental when I was first learning. When I looked into the training kit I realized that it was going to be around $4,000 for the basics - vidoes, books, materials, etc.

Just got the business loan, and can't imagine spending that much on a training kit, yet it might save me plenty of hours on the training end.

Any experience or advice?

ALSO - what is the ONE piece of equipment you wouldn't go without?

Thanks -

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Check out Talladium's website........... they have training videos for purchase......nowhere close to $4000 .

Get a scanner / milling system that allows you to mill wax / Zr.

It's the future .........

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
The school I went too used PTC for their teaching program, but only did training for fixed work. Evidently they used to do removable training as well, but the PTC course was not as good for removables according to one of the teachers. I don't know if that is true or not, I only do fixed and never saw the coursework. NADL has a video library, and McCracken's is full of good info. Maybe you could rent the videos and assign reading as your trainee masters each step. If I can ever manage to be busy enough to hire someone I will start them off with checking in cases and pouring models and go from there as they get quicker.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I am beginning to hire for the expanded location and have considered purchasing a teaching kit. I remember using the PTC Dental when I was first learning. When I looked into the training kit I realized that it was going to be around $4,000 for the basics - vidoes, books, materials, etc.

Just got the business loan, and can't imagine spending that much on a training kit, yet it might save me plenty of hours on the training end.

Any experience or advice?

ALSO - what is the ONE piece of equipment you wouldn't go without?

Thanks -

Money spent on training and education is money invested in your future. $4000 is nothing when you look at the big picture and the continuity of training from one technician to the next using all the same training and training protocol that not only the lab has chosen, but the smae way YOU learned it when you got started. I wouldn't think twice about that money.

One piece of equipment we couldn't go without? Intellitek milling machine, or our LW Scientific microscope with video feed.

Good luck!

Top Bottom