Tax

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
So between OSHA, the FDA, the EPA the IRS the Dept of HHS, the Dept of Labor the SSA and the State and County and who ever else I for got that has their grubby little hands in our pockets......
Us business owners are like little rats running through a maze trying to find a crumb at the end.
Or a hamster spinning on a wheel going no where.
Just go ahead and bury me now!

Report just came out that middle class income went down last year by almost $5000.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
Only the final lab, the one delivering the device will have to collect the tax. If you're a lab and you use an outsourcer for your Zirconia frames, they do not have to collect a tax from you. You collect it from the doc. BTW, if a doc has an in-house mill, he is supposed to collect a tax on that device. Cerec docs will not be happy.

A

AL1

Reaction score
And oboma thinks we are successful because of government! Pretty soon north korea will have more freedom than us.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Well F-Obama what a f-ing putz just did some quick math we will have to pay roughly 60k in taxes a year f my life. This is bull**** man

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Im ready to move to Canada and be rkm's coffee bitch

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Well F-Obama what a f-ing putz just did some quick math we will have to pay roughly 60k in taxes a year f my life. This is bull**** man
....than vote him off from the office, that what I am going to do.

C

ccdental

Reaction score
http://www.irs.gov/pub/newsroom/reg-113770-10.pdf

Kinda long but answers alot of misconceptions on here see page 19
1. cannot tax the tax if it is a line item
2. shipping cost is exempt
3. model work charges ?
4 raw supplies are not taxable so our supplies should not be taxed?
Says it will take the irs 2 years to put all regulations into effect and there will be no payment of tax required until all regulations are set

C

charles007

Reaction score
How does this relate to doctors that mill inhouse with their Cerec's ?

Scotts studio

Scotts studio

Reaction score
Great thread guys- I have not heard of this at all,but you can bet your ass I will highlight this on my bill also, I feel Al's passion. We really need to get this guy out of office if were going to have any chance !!

C

ccdental

Reaction score
Cerec Drs have to charge tax on full price if crown because they are manufacturers
ex. 1000 crown + 23 tax .
Looks like the cost to mill a cerec inhouse just doubled

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Cerec Drs have to charge tax on full price if crown because they are manufacturers
ex. 1000 crown + 23 tax .
Looks like the cost to mill a cerec inhouse just doubled

Or they can just open a lab in the office and have them buy from said lab for 30 bucks and then the stupid tax is less. The entire IRS system is set up to fail. So many loop holes to exploit if your sneaky. Flat tax FTW!

A

AL1

Reaction score
Will the new excise tax be tax deductible?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Is the current regime responsible for this tax? Just curious are any here going to vote to keep the current regime in power?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Well I'm just going to have to "man up" and do the right thing.

Take the time to itemize my entire bill.

Shipping and receiving labor.
Shipping box, and foam inserts
Disinfecting
Phone discussion of case with sec
Custom lab scripts
Etc etc. $200
Crown. $20
ObamaCare Tax. $.46

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Here's a little salt in your wound.

There's also a new tax on home sales.
It's a flat % tax. Not increase on value tax it's on top of capital gains tax.
Supposed to go to fund Obama care.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
And don't forget the Medicare Surtax for "High-Income Employees".

As a result of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, effective January 1, 2013, employers will be required to withhold a 0.9% Additional Hospital Insurance Tax on High-Income Taxpayers (a.k.a., “Medicare Surtax”).

High-Income Taxpayers are defined as those with an annual income of $200,000 for individuals, $250,000 for joint filers, and $125,000 for married individuals filing separately. The increase applies only to the employee portion of the Medicare tax, though the employer is responsible for withholding and reporting.

Employers should be mindful that the law requires an employer to withhold the Additional Medicare Tax on wages or compensation it pays to an employee in excess of $200,000 in a calendar year.

Sure, you might ask how many people working at a lab make that much? Well another tax squarely aimed at the small business owner. Might not make $200k but it is not like you can discount pass through income.

Just another reason to drive down profits - how does that make any sense?

Why does this government continue to punish those that work the hardest? If you work hard, build a business and put a lot of you profit back in your business in order to grow that business you might hit this level but in reality you are making far less. Or maybe you work your butt off and actually make this much. But you RISKED your money getting there.

When did it become wrong to work hard? Why does one half of the country have to support the other half? Just thinking about it makes me sick.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Same reason our education system on average is going down the toilet. My buddy took his son out of tee ball when he learned they all got the same trophy no matter how they did.....

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok Doug the first article is clear. Urban myth.

But what about the 2nd article. Im not getting it.

It's not saying we have to register with the FDA for 2500 is it?
I don't think that applies to us does it?

doug

doug

Reaction score
Not unless you fabricate particular devices. You know, like those Sleep Apnea things

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Doug the Medical Device Establishment Registration and Listing - Notice of Changes for FY 2013 has to do with the manufactures more of the parts & materials that we use except for the Sleep apnea and a few orthodontic appliances. As well as devices used in & during surgery. I am still like all waiting for the IRS regulations that is more what will effect us.

cc dental that is the notice for the May 7 public meeting (there was registration for a webinar I registered but at the last min they closed the meeting and no webinar) and the outcome has yet to be published those were suggestions made by the NADL & ADA. It appears the IRS has until Dec 31 to put out the regulations that we have to abide by as of Dec 31 midnight 2012.
From explanation to me (from IRS agent) an excise tax is not collected from the purchaser like a sales tax but is paid by a mfg or sometimes a middleman and is frequently part of a price increase that helps raise the excise tax.
I should get back tomy FEMA class, until IRS post regulations this is so frustrating.

Top Bottom